Bread Thread!

There aren't many things I won't do on my own. As long as I have the right tools, and the requisite skill level.

My new oven igniter was delivered about 30 minutes ago. I installed the new igniter, reassembled everything, and the oven has been tested. Success! The hardest part was removing and reinstalling the door, a heavy, unwieldy beast.

Putting the oven door back on was the hardest part. :mad: It was the only time I thought I'd have to call in an official (meaning qualified) repair guy. Eventually the correct placement was the "It can't possibly go on that way" option. :oops:

Well mine dont work no more :oops:.
Found out the hard way.
I was doing the final proof on a loaf the other week come back after washing the little blighter (daughter) and saw the oven light as still on (o_O)?
Opened the oven door stuck my thermometer in (noggin) nope no watering eyes and singed hair bloody oven ain't heating up called to the missus!
So I did that loaf on the pizza Stone out on the Q yeah no photos were going in here of my flabby loaf:D.
Sooo I might be getting a new one
And while I'm at it I rekon I'll install it up at waist hight like all the new kitchen have em...

Oh another diy project :)

Well mine dont work no more :oops:.
Found out the hard way.
I was doing the final proof on a loaf the other week come back after washing the little blighter (daughter) and saw the oven light as still on (o_O)?
Opened the oven door stuck my thermometer in (noggin) nope no watering eyes and singed hair bloody oven ain't heating up called to the missus!
So I did that loaf on the pizza Stone out on the Q yeah no photos were going in here of my flabby loaf:D.
Sooo I might be getting a new one
And while I'm at it I rekon I'll install it up at waist hight like all the new kitchen have em...

Oh another diy project :)
Is it gas or electric? If gas, it might be as simple as an igniter. Does the broiler work?

Is it gas or electric? If gas, it might be as simple as an igniter. Does the broiler work?
Oven is electric
I remember this missus freeked out last time she used it rushed in and was going Ben QUICK there s a fire in the oven:p.
I run over and said well turn it off LOL!
There was flames the missus exclaimed!:eek:
Well all I saw was smoke
Maybe this was the element burning outo_O?
Funny moment though did get my heart racing

Oven is electric
I remember this missus freeked out last time she used it rushed in and was going Ben QUICK there s a fire in the oven:p.
I run over and said well turn it off LOL!
There was flames the missus exclaimed!:eek:
Well all I saw was smoke
Maybe this was the element burning outo_O?
Funny moment though did get my heart racing
Sorry for you Ben.
We used our oven last night to roast chicken legs, my favorite. I’ll be baking bread in the coming days.

image.jpg
Fresh baked sourdough to close out a brew day. I am happy to have a functional oven. Some of the spent grains from my brew day are now drying in the oven, using residual heat from the bake.

View attachment 15933 Fresh baked sourdough to close out a brew day. I am happy to have a functional oven. Some of the spent grains from my brew day are now drying in the oven, using residual heat from the bake.
Functional Oven:oops::oops::oops:
20210525_055443.jpg

All I got is a bag of spuds where it once was:p!

Back