Bread Thread!

a batch of spent grain baguettes proofing for their trip into the oven.

20200424_182909.jpeg

image.jpg
image.jpg
Another loaf of no knead sourdough, waiting for some butter. This loaf did not achieve good oven spring, but it still looks and smells good.
And it tasted really good, with the right level of sourdough tang.

Last edited:
Oh yeah! Those are some nice looking loaves.

Barefoot Ben’s Bread and Brew has a nice ring to it. Innovative Ben.

My oven actually has a proofing feature, which I sometimes use in the colder months.

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
I didn’t even need bread yet, but I just felt like making another loaf. This was an attempt to work on technique. Even though it is a dense crumb, the loaf is light; a fine sandwich bread. Naturally leavened sourdough from KAF. The starter is derived from KAF white whole wheat flour, resulting in a “whole wheat” appearance.

View attachment 9932 View attachment 9933 I didn’t even need bread yet, but I just felt like making another loaf. This was an attempt to work on technique. Even though it is a dense crumb, the loaf is light; a fine sandwich bread. Naturally leavened sourdough from KAF. The starter is derived from KAF white whole wheat flour, resulting in a “whole wheat” appearance.
That looks dam delishous there herm
This is my spent mash bread from the other day I gotta work in this one though came out a bit under done.
20200504_183701.jpg

Back