Bohemian Pilsner

You cool the beer until it stops, super simple.

mashing high = dextrins
dextrins remaning = muddy

mashing low and residual extract = sweetness and body
residual extract= proper mouthfeel

German beers go from .5% to 8% extract remaining to get the proper body and sweetness.

I would bet this beer has about 6% extract remaining, I had some fresh PU last night.

Mash for the beer to attenuate to 1.006-7 and halt ferm with a cooling period with about 1.015 left. It should put you close.

Also this is my last post here, good luck.

If you halt the fermentation by cooling, could it not restart if the beer warms up?

Yeah, I think we failed to recognize his genius.

Actually it is due to people like you and the others chiming in, that are hypocritical pieces of shit. You and the homebrew community as a whole like to think you are so welcoming and accepting. But funny.... it's only people who have the same ideals as you. What happened to RDWHAHB? Or is that just some false notion you all like to jack off too?

My posts on this thread is a prime example where, I offered nothing but help. Yet everyone has to put in their 2 cents that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, which is condescending towards someone, for no reason whatsoever. I think the beer community as a whole is a giant insidious piece of garbage.

This is my exact reason I am choosing to leave social media because of trolls behinds keyboards like ya'll. This will be my last post which signifies and validates the exact point I was making.

Last edited:
Haha. So I guess he wasn't done! Reading back thru this thread I see absolutely nothing that describes the last statement. Oh well, we're just trolls haha.

I have learned from a few encounters that beerery offers advice based on a crazy amount of knowledge, research, and experience. You have to accept the fact that if you don’t take his advice, you’re wrong. It used to bug me but know I’m cool with being wrong.

I have learned from a few encounters that beerery offers advice based on a crazy amount of knowledge, research, and experience. You have to accept the fact that if you don’t take his advice, you’re wrong. It used to bug me but know I’m cool with being wrong.
Yes, I've read the same books.

Ah there is more than one way to skin a cat as long as your having a fun along the way achieving a similar result is what counts in my book.
Of course if you post something up on the forums it's going to get scrutinized that's part of what a forum is but man I think we're all a bit of alright over here at Brewersfriend (wanking aside) :D!
I was just the other day reading up forum posts on a fermentor I'm looking at using on the main Aussie Brewers forum and man the way they were gouging each other over some comments was deplorable and made me glad to be apart of this Forum where we've managed to keep a certain level human decency bout our posts.
I hope it continues this way were all just trying to make the best beverage in the world and have a little FUN along the way!

Ah there is more than one way to skin a cat as long as your having a fun along the way achieving a similar result is what counts in my book.
Of course if you post something up on the forums it's going to get scrutinized that's part of what a forum is but man I think we're all a bit of alright over here at Brewersfriend (wanking aside) :D!
I was just the other day reading up forum posts on a fermentor I'm looking at using on the main Aussie Brewers forum and man the way they were gouging each other over some comments was deplorable and made me glad to be apart of this Forum where we've managed to keep a certain level human decency bout our posts.
I hope it continues this way were all just trying to make the best beverage in the world and have a little FUN along the way!
I'd add one thing: It's not about being right here. I like the respect we have for each other and am rather happy to have some of that balance restored. I'm sure there's a forum just waiting for that kind of expertise.

Actually it is due to people like you and the others chiming in, that are hypocritical pieces of shit. You and the homebrew community as a whole like to think you are so welcoming and accepting. But funny.... it's only people who have the same ideals as you. What happened to RDWHAHB? Or is that just some false notion you all like to jack off too?

My posts on this thread is a prime example where, I offered nothing but help. Yet everyone has to put in their 2 cents that has nothing to do with the topic at hand, which is condescending towards someone, for no reason whatsoever. I think the beer community as a whole is a giant insidious piece of garbage.

This is my exact reason I am choosing to leave social media because of trolls behinds keyboards like ya'll. This will be my last post which signifies and validates the exact point I was making.
Good god, dude!!! What a vile and inappropriately intense response.
Your notion was questioned because it stands to reason that if you leave residual sugars in beer by cooling it down to arrest metabolic activity by the yeast and it warms up, activity may very likely restart and eat up the rest of the sugars if nothing else is done to neutralize the yeast. Why don't you lend some of your vast know-how toward addressing that particular conundrum instead of lashing out?
Maybe you've mastered a way to do it by merely cooling the beer down at the right time. But answer the question...what happens when it warms up? Did you use sorbate, etc? Did you flash-pasteurize after packaging? Did you just never have a beer warm up after packaging? Seems like one of those things needs to happen in order for your beer to be stable. Which did you do?
And chill the fuck out!!!!

Last edited:
Good god, dude!!! What a vile and inappropriately intense response.
Your notion was questioned because it stands to reason that if you leave residual sugars in beer by cooling it down to arrest metabolic activity by the yeast and it warms up, activity may very likely restart and eat up the rest of the sugars if nothing else is done to neutralize the yeast. Why don't you lend some of your vast know-how toward addressing that particular conundrum instead of lashing out?
Maybe you've mastered a way to do it by merely cooling the beer down at the right time. But answer the question...what happens when it warms up? Did you use sorbate, etc? Did you flash-pasteurize after packaging? Did you just never have a beer warm up after packaging? Seems like one of those things needs to happen in order for your beer to be stable. Which did you do?
And chill the fuck out!!!!
I think he's gone. May still be lurking, though. He's said he was gone before. Sounds like a pure dilettante to me - lots of book knowledge, a pretty brew rig, and not much else.

Well if he knows something that the rest of us are missing, it's good of him to share but if he can't answer a simple question, maybe he's not as smart as all that. We may never know.

This is my exact reason I am choosing to leave social media because of trolls behinds keyboards like ya'll.
I think this is my favorite part... Dude!! You're obviously the troll here and you need to understand that about yourself. You're plainly passionate to the point of being obsessed and you have far, far too much time and money to spend on your fancy hobby but your misplaced sense of self-importance doesn't let you interact with people in a civil way.
And learn how to spell y'all.

Back