Too easy. Just brew a blonde Ale, dry hop with dill then drop my ACV SCOBY in. 6 weeks and it'd be pickle beer.:D

Actually it’s a Gose...
Would love to see the recipe for that.

To make this limited-edition beer beverage, Prezioso and Smith worked to combine 630 pounds of fresh cucumbers with coriander, salt, and fresh dill. East End brewers managed to create the beer – a “Gose Ale” (pronounced goes-uh), with all the flavors found in a Primanti Bros’ pickle. “Except maybe the crunch,” said Smith.

So is it amber/bock with hops . Or a rosty malty Ale. I'm stuck for what to brew next but it is winter in the land of Oz so my roastiness is a cold bias.

What are we thinking Brewersfriend?

Saison- wheat beer- bocks or how about a nice tasty Oktoberfest style.

Let's choose a style then get to it narrowing down on ingredients.

Heck we could nail a grist but use maybe different yeasts and post a pic and a bit of a flavour profile tasting type thing.
Roasty malty ale! Oktoberfest requires lagering, maybe not available to all. A local brewer and friend designed a recipe that fits this bill perfectly: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/774631/nautical-star

I offer this as a starting point only, not suggesting it should be the beer. I think anyone could get behind a recipe like this: Don't like roast, take some out. Want more hops? Put them in. Different yeast? I could see this with a clean Belgian yeast fermentation....

(Nautical reference because it's Dry Dock Brewing. Any locals: It's Martin's American Brown recipe)

Actually it’s a Gose...
Would love to see the recipe for that.

To make this limited-edition beer beverage, Prezioso and Smith worked to combine 630 pounds of fresh cucumbers with coriander, salt, and fresh dill. East End brewers managed to create the beer – a “Gose Ale” (pronounced goes-uh), with all the flavors found in a Primanti Bros’ pickle. “Except maybe the crunch,” said Smith.
I'm 3/4ths of the way there: All I need is the dill. And I really expected that it was a Gose. Wouldn't make a good BF recipe, though, technical challenges of kettle souring the beer.

Roasty malty ale! Oktoberfest requires lagering, maybe not available to all. A local brewer and friend designed a recipe that fits this bill perfectly: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/774631/nautical-star

I offer this as a starting point only, not suggesting it should be the beer. I think anyone could get behind a recipe like this: Don't like roast, take some out. Want more hops? Put them in. Different yeast? I could see this with a clean Belgian yeast fermentation....

(Nautical reference because it's Dry Dock Brewing. Any locals: It's Martin's American Brown recipe)

That sounds like a good start to me, but agree that we may lose a couple constituents with lagering. I’m partial to Dry Dock as well since we have a clone of their “Urca Vanilla Porter” on tap now.

I'm 3/4ths of the way there: All I need is the dill. And I really expected that it was a Gose. Wouldn't make a good BF recipe, though, technical challenges of kettle souring the beer.

I really didn’t think it would, rather it was fun to toss it out there. Every year there’s a “Picklesburgh” festival in Pittsburgh and it’s a blast.

I'm a big pickle fan but when it comes to pickle beers I've yet to have one that I actually liked. That said, I have had beers with dill added that were very good and really enjoyable.

I think a good easy to brew brown would be the best community beer, and the easiest to brew for all types of brewers beginner to advanced

Hi there brewers!!
Let's create, together a beer.
Lets make a BubbleGum IPA

Let me know the grain bill, the yeast, hops, fruit of this community recipe.
I will add pictures of the brew session

Lets do it!

There's no shame here in just asking for a recipe.

The recipe I offered is definitely to the right side of the curve when it comes to American Browns.... But it is tasty! Sadly, Martin has moved on to another endeavour and we may not get as much Nautical Star as we once did.

Hard to remember it's Winter down under when we're seeing 100F, or close to it, every day. I think a Bock sounds good in the cooler months, but have never brewed one. Seems this feeble old brain never works far ahead enough to brew for the season:)
Winter for us at the moment is min of around 7c max 26c paradise on earth. The beauty of living in sub tropics:).

...and what's on tap at my favorite watering hole...
20190725_180950.jpg

You ok if I copy that and convert to squirrel format I'm looking seriously at brewing this now Nosey?

Not a problem at all! I think it will be good, even in Squirrel (it's a great beer at the brewery).

Thanks for posting the recipe Nosy!
Just entered into brewing software and scaled for my system. Have the ingredients on my shopping list for my next supply order, It will be about 6th in line, so should be brewed and ready in time for the onset of cold weather.

It's queued up as number three in my order: I'm doing a Kentucky Breakfast Stout this weekend, next up is an Altbier, then this.

I'll have to put in a grain order for this havnt actually orded for a recipie in a long time so kinda fun. I'll be brewing this next prob a week or two time depends on how thirsty I get in meantime. I'll set some 007 at it because it's what I've got.

I must say it'd be good in situations like this that somehow it shows up in the "mother" recipie that it's been brewed but kinda hard with the copy paste measurement scale tweek.

Back