Best upgrade for my current system

Do you have said conical or are you considering one? Stout makes a 7 gal conical with chill coil for <$500USD, just add glycol chiller. May be my next major purchase.
Yes I currently own it

Do you have said conical or are you considering one? Stout makes a 7 gal conical with chill coil for <$500USD, just add glycol chiller. May be my next major purchase.
I lucked into a good price on a Brewtech Unitank 1/2 barrel with chiller coil. I have it running on glycol mix in a chest freezer and heating with a high-wattage heater pad under the neoprene jacket.
It's the most awesome thing ever. :D :D

Just a few things to think about down the road. I added the domed lid with 3” TC blowoff setup and a thermowell to my brewbucket. Easy to add dry hops. Those parts from SS Brewtech. On the floor there is a 3” TC plate (from NorCal) with a gas ball lock for low pressure CO2 transfers to keg. The chest freezer is controlled with an Inkbird. Cheers!
upload_2018-11-18_15-59-2.jpeg

Just a few things to think about down the road. I added the domed lid with 3” TC blowoff setup and a thermowell to my brewbucket. Easy to add dry hops. Those parts from SS Brewtech. On the floor there is a 3” TC plate (from NorCal) with a gas ball lock for low pressure CO2 transfers to keg. The chest freezer is controlled with an Inkbird. Cheers!
View attachment 4325

Wow! You really did upgrade. Nice.

I'm kind of pushing my wife toward SS brew buckets of whatever make (probably Anvil) for Christmas she's trying to find a gift that she feels matches the car starter I got installed in her car. Which is a really nice thing to have in Northern Alberta.

I did a lot of research before upgrading from glass carboys and was just about to pull the trigger on a conical with all the bling etc., until I watched a couple YouTubers complain about the time it takes to clean them. Ultimately went to a BrewBucket with the temp port and couldn’t be happier. A lot cheaper and a snap to clean.

Easy to clean is a big selling feature to me. I like the Fermonsters for this reason, I just was SS cause it's cool.

Back