Any Vessi users here?

Never heard of it to be honest.

Vessi is a cylindro-conical fermenter/serving tank concept that was tried in a test market about 3 years ago by Whirlpool Corporation. Temperature control range of 35-80 F and pressure control to about 30psi. Basically once you add the wort of your own making and yeast, it can be sealed up, reducing exposure to airborne bacterial infection and oxygen after fermentation. You can control the pressure level with the pressure relief valve, and retain some of the natural carbonation. When the yeast has done its thing, the temperature can be dropped to help the sediment settle out and drained in a controlled manner with the sediment removal system. Then you can serve the beer thru the built-in tap system. Or bottle or keg through the out port, then clean it and start your next batch.
Vessi is 6 gallon batch capacity, 8 gallon stainless steel vessel.
I should probably add a link instead of blabbing anymore.

I just thought this looked like spam...

Hmm well I'm in good company then.

I just joined BF today...yes, I use a Vessi. I absolutely love it. I brewed a few days ago to have something ready for our New Year's Eve party.

I’ve seen this before, didn’t look very interesting. It’s great if you only brew once in a blue moon, but sometimes I have 4 beers going at once. Do I need 4 Vessi’s?

If you have 4 going at once, then I suppose so. I’m not sure of your current set-up, but since you can ferment under pressure, control the temp, and remove sediment easily - you could ferment and transfer to a keg in about 7-10 days. So if you brewed a few times a month, then 1 Vessi would work as long as you keg or bottle.

Just curious. If you have one then you may know who I am!
Bob
Hi. I have two vessi’s and am currently creating ciders with them. Yes Bob.. I’m well aware of who you are. I’m so happy to see you here.

Back