What are you drinking right now?

I'm drinking my Freshed Squeezed Pale ale, nice grapefruit flavor

fresh.jpg

Last edited:
Big day digging in the dirt bloody TERMITES!:confused: nothing better than a lovely pilsner waiting for me when i get home.... other than the missus:p. Cheers all !

Attachments

• 20170825_184837.jpg
    20170825_184837.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 97
After finally getting a club SmasH beer on tap i may have to tell them it's awful and not fit for presentation ... shall drink the whole batch myself as penance .
This is one of few beers i have brewed that meet the letter of the old german purity laws , no water additions , no finings and only the 3 ingredients supplied ( i supplied the water ) , i ended up using a double decoction mash to get the most out the single malt .

Pacifica hops seem to throw orange marmalade flavours in this beer ....o_O slight grainy nose using Gladfield pils malt and very clean and crisp results from the gigayeast norcal ale #1
Too dark to take photo tonight so shall enjoy another pint and take a pic tomorrow

This is my choc coffie stout mmmm mmm perfect on a cold night by the fire cheers all!
Flavour sweet creamy slightly chocolaty with a nice smooth bitterness and oh so morish really enjoying this anyone thonking of brewing. Bertus brewers choc coffie stout dont hold back and get some into you!
20170826_193618.jpg

Brew day again today so had to get a taste of the last amber we put down a few weeks ago , Shepherd's Delight throws a lovely colour and a wonderful Kola flavour into a sessionable easy drinking beer , fairly low hop bitterness with a nice citrus background , maybe even a little cherry ?
WP_20170827_001.jpg

Well its a Marzen night tonight and woops i missed the cut off point for Queensland amature brew comp Mr Pirate:( so ill be keeping this all to my gullet:rolleyes:....

I see the nationals are in WA... you wouldnt believe it the day i decided to get my act together to enter the comp was tge 26th Aug cut off day !!

Attachments

• 20170901_190735.jpg
    20170901_190735.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 99
Tried my Red Rye last night. It was way out of balance when I bottled it, now it's a really good beer. That, after a Dry Dock excursion to get the ski shop foul taste out of my mouth - out getting the Grandson's skis for the season last night.

This is what I drank yesterday, didn't get it posted on time, lol!
Cream of 3 crops recipe from HomeBrewTalk, BierMuncher (thanks!) Delicious beer for the light side
20170831_144935.jpg

Couldn't wait any longer and pulled the tap handle over the BIG mug of Oktoberfest VI last night and pretended to sing German drinking songs which I don't know any of so just raised the glass and drank. Judges said it didn't have enough aroma so it scored in low 30's:(, Oh well, I like it! Have improved it every year and at this point not sure what to change. I started brewing it following the old guidelines and now it sort of falls in between the Festbier and the Märzen catagories.:confused:

try using a large whirlpool addition of hops, Ive found that a first wort or mash hopping and whirlpool of the same hops really stays in the beer

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/463257/head-first-octoberfest-vi

That may be the thing to do. I used some lovely spicy slightly fruity homegrown hops at 5 min. but then began to chill right away with no whirlpool. Maybe go to some good ol' Hallertäu and let them rest for a bit longer. In March our water is cold so doesn't take long to chill with immersion chiller. I do like the way the malt balanced out. Would have to lighten up the Caramunich to get in the Festbier category for color but am good with the way it is now in malt flavor and mouthfeel.
Or maybe some in the mash would hold through the long lagering.

another thing is if you want hop presence don't use the fining's so early especially before the whirlpool, the hops drop to the bottom and its a waste of good hops

You could also try some vienna in there headfirst my marzan atm has equal oarts pils munich and vienna with a little caramel malt and melanoidin.

Well its a Marzen night tonight and woops i missed the cut off point for Queensland amature brew comp Mr Pirate:( so ill be keeping this all to my gullet:rolleyes:....

I see the nationals are in WA... you wouldnt believe it the day i decided to get my act together to enter the comp was tge 26th Aug cut off day !!
So i won't be seeing your beer at nationals ? i have a few entries in for SA states and will be stewarding on the days so can see the judges feedback within minutes .

So i won't be seeing your beer at nationals ? i have a few entries in for SA states and will be stewarding on the days so can see the judges feedback within minutes .
Don't worry about nationals I haven't even entered into state comp I missed my chance I was to busy consuming my homebrew to even check cut off date! Turns out the day I checked was the cut off day 26th Aug ah well I'll just have to craft them brews better for next year I suppose.:)

Well embarrassed to say im drinking a quick burst carbonated sample of my not 24 hrs in the keg NZ gladfield larger:rolleyes:!

I had an extra liter left over on transfer so i slapped it in an pet bottle and force carbed it along with the keg. Had an early mark this arvo and the curiosity got the better of me.:)

Lesson learned dont unscrew the carb cap to quick off a bottle under 30 psi of preassure :confused: a foaming mess that required the mop...

But a delicious lager that hasnt even begun the lager phase:oops: love the maltiness love the dry mouthfeel even getting the faintest citrus aroma from hops but im glad i found the chechz lager yeast it is good ive only got 34/70 as a comparison. The malt is more pronounced anyway and nice clean and creamy with a dryish finnish time will make this baby a smashable beer at only 4.5 percent:D.

Attachments

• 20170904_144118.jpg
    20170904_144118.jpg
    727.6 KB · Views: 91

Back