What are you drinking right now?

2weeks into lagering and couldn't help stealing a short sample of my kolsch...SMaSH brew with kolsch malt and hallertau blanc...very continental will not last long now that I've tapped it lol

Attachments

• IMG_3229.JPG
    IMG_3229.JPG
    856.6 KB · Views: 100
Traditionally 4wk lagering only performed to Help brighten final product
Correct ?
It definitely read for consumption
Yes, that's the main reason for the "lager" period (more aptly, cool conditioning). It's an ale and should taste like ale so you don't want all the esters reduced.

Totally opposite from my kolsch ...I present Helios- mixed ferment rye saison hit with 6lbs fresh apricots in secondary and keg hopped with a health dose of Amarillo. This was fermented with the Mad Fermentationist Saison blend I got from bootleg biology
Funky with lemony tartness, spicy rye, smoothed by the apricot/Amarillo combo with bone dry finish love them both but how to choose ?! o_O

Attachments

• IMG_0295.JPG
    IMG_0295.JPG
    751.2 KB · Views: 112
I'm drinking my mocktoberfest beer, lots of Munich in this one, so much it turned the beer amber but nice smooth flavor

Drinking me bunyip beer by the fire out back seasoning up a wok to fry up a feed

Bought this glass today from IKEA

Attachments

• 20170729_175643.jpg
    20170729_175643.jpg
    1,001.1 KB · Views: 114
Heres me weizen glass i got with my pilsner in it. man got some clarity issues with this one i don't think shes going to drop clear. Least it still tastes good nice dry crisp beer just what i want in this pilsner. still not on the money with aroma may need even more sazz next brew. Bitterness smack bang on the head anyhow cheers all;). Anyone else chugging a few back ? Flick some picks:).

Second pic is bunip on the blow out:oops: this beet has been solid on flavour and aroma from start to finnisho- just gotta brew some more :).

Attachments

• 20170730_163741.jpg
    20170730_163741.jpg
    651.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 20170730_170959.jpg
    20170730_170959.jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Heres me weizen glass i got with my pilsner in it. man got some clarity issues with this one i don't think shes going to drop clear. Least it still tastes good nice dry crisp beer just what i want in this pilsner. still not on the money with aroma may need even more sazz next brew. Bitterness smack bang on the head anyhow cheers all;). Anyone else chugging a few back ? Flick some picks:).

Second pic is bunip on the blow out:oops: this beet has been solid on flavour and aroma from start to finnisho- just gotta brew some more :).

Those look awesome!!!

ill be very happy if my clarity looks as good that they look awesome....ill have too pick your brain when i get mine too actually work....

That sounds and looks brilliant my mouth is watering....

This Session beer is almost 2 weeks carbonated in the bottle here on Sunday: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/512075/pale-ale - tastes light, medium body, lots of citrus from Cascade and the Yeast. Very refreshing and easy going.

This WLP644 beer will be soon carbonated in 10 days: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/512076/red-brux - tastes amazing. Lots of fruit and a bit of a belgian character, although not disturbing. I can say it will need 3-4 weeks in the bottle to develog to its brightest.

This NEIPA: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/512079/neipa - was bottled on Junly 30th and tastes very good. I look forward to get full carbonation on it.

This Saison: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/512074/saison and the Rye IPA: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/512077/rye-ipa will be tried and hopefully drank in 3-4 weeks.

Pulled out the third in my Helles Projekt series last night, the one I made with Golden Promise.... Wow. Lots of malt flavor, dry, slightly more caramelly than a true Munich Helles but still an amazing beer. And it's a SMASH - Golden Promise malt (I don't count the acid malt since it's only there for the acid), Hallertau Hersbruecker hops. Although not exactly true to style due to the caramel flavor, it's the best of "Das Projekt" so far.

It seems to be a special malt that one. I havnt brewed with it in a while.
Was your calcium chloride water level higher for thia extra maltiness?

sipping on a saison I brewed in the middle of June. it got out of control, ended up using two Belgian strains, and it turned out at 10.5%. it's been aging quite well. It's low on aroma now, but big on booziness, residual sweetness from all the ingredients cuts through at the end, could've bittered it more.

Cdrinking shop bought stone and wood pacific ale with family playing cards.

You recon it need some whirlpool hops stand hops at 80c into the cube? @Mark D Pirate

ill be very happy if my clarity looks as good that they look awesome....ill have too pick your brain when i get mine too actually work....
Geletin Johnno may brewing best friend ;) and a good cold crash doesn't go astray when combined with this finning agent.

Back