I brewed today!

Thanks!
The grain bill pushes my 8-gal kettle to its limits and draining the bag pushes me to my limits! :)
I mash for 90 and boil for 90, and of course a Barleywine needs to bottled. So this beer requires a lot more time and effort than everything else I brew.

But last years BW has been very enjoyable (I still have about 10 left) and it would be nice to build up a vintage series in the beer cellar. Once a year though.
I'm pretty Sure @jmcnamara does this very thing.

Love your work Megary

I'm pretty Sure @jmcnamara does this very thing.

Love your work Megary
You're right, an annual barleywine for my son's birthday. He's 5 today, so 6th year straight I've done this.
Though I need to clean out the ferment fridge before doing this year's batch...

You're right, an annual barleywine for my son's birthday. He's 5 today, so 6th year straight I've done this.
Though I need to clean out the ferment fridge before doing this year's batch...
Wow 5! Man that seems like yesterday.
I bet you've got a good collection growing now.
Good on you man.

Wow 5! Man that seems like yesterday.
I bet you've got a good collection growing now.
Good on you man.
I always do 2 750ml bottles to cellar for his 21st bday, and I get about 18-24 regular bottles too. Plenty of samples to enjoy!
It's going to be one helluva flight come his 21st

I always do 2 750ml bottles to cellar for his 21st bday, and I get about 18-24 regular bottles too. Plenty of samples to enjoy!
It's going to be one helluva flight come his 21st
That boys got some drinking to do when he turns 21:D!
Wow

Took forever to get the missing malt in the mail. Did a mash n sparge last night. Starting the boil now. First Cali Common attempt. color looks inviting.

647E5036-8FBE-4948-979D-2AC1E87187B0.jpeg

Back