What are you drinking right now?

Hey Craigerr, nice to see the photos... the Flying Monkeys beer brought back a lot of memories from when I was on assignment in Canada... I found their Smashbomb Atomic IPA very tasty.. always kept a stash in my hotel room.

My Hop Blonde V3. Tasty after a dry week of being on call. The Voss strain of kveik definitely throws more tart/lemony citrus fermented warm. For sure more than Opshaug. Next brew I'll ferment on the low end and compare. Great beer though. Right about the time she clears up, the keg should be done!
IMG_20200626_154447.jpg

My Hop Blonde V3. Tasty after a dry week of being on call. The Voss strain of kveik definitely throws more tart/lemony citrus fermented warm. For sure more than Opshaug. Next brew I'll ferment on the low end and compare. Great beer though. Right about the time she clears up, the keg should be done!
View attachment 10572
Totally agree and I find it brings a bit of bitterness too the beer.
I started yesterday with three kegs on tap last night two blew! So much for not brewing this weekend:)

Totally agree and I find it brings a bit of bitterness too the beer.
I started yesterday with three kegs on tap last night two blew! So much for not brewing this weekend:)
That's how week before last went for me. Started off a day with 4 kegs and 3 blew almost immediately! Luckily I had 2 ready, and the 3rd is about ready now. Real life problems!

[QUOTE="t Right about the time she clears up, the keg should be done!
View attachment 10572[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the way it always goes.

Already had a couple Shots and Pales. Got 10 lbs. of Cajun chicken leg quarters on the grill.
Leg Qtrs..jpg

Mellowing out with a PBR so I can stay awake to eat some of them. Wife making up a veggie medley to go along with the yard birds.
PBR.jpg

[QUOTE="BOB357, post: 109413, member: 24458"[/QUOTE]

Chicken on the barbie and PBR in the summer. Now that’s livin! Cheers

View attachment 10579 One of these, and maybe one of those later. If you know what I mean.
How is the Green Flash IPA? I just came across it here and I'm a fan of the style. It's hard to get an IPA these days that hasn't been hazed!

Having a sample of my Two Hearted clone. Very pleasant indeed. I like the Voss much more in this IPA than I do in my Blonde Ale.
And I do like crystal malts in my ales however unpopular that my be these days.
IMG_20200627_133552.jpg

Hey Craigerr, nice to see the photos... the Flying Monkeys beer brought back a lot of memories from when I was on assignment in Canada... I found their Smashbomb Atomic IPA very tasty.. always kept a stash in my hotel room.
Very Cool!
Flying Monkeys has a LOT of really fine beers!

How is the Green Flash IPA? I just came across it here and I'm a fan of the style. It's hard to get an IPA these days that hasn't been hazed!
View attachment 10586
It is a beautiful, bitter beer. There is no haze in this one, it shines crystal clear, and every bit of the 95 ibu’s is in your face. West Coast IPA.

Paupack Cream Ale Clone:

Well...yeah, um, not exactly. There is a lot to like here and it’s a good jumping off point for the v.2 that is sure to come. The biggest fault in this beer is the K-97 yeast. I thought a Kolsch style yeast would be perfect for a Cream Ale, and maybe I was right, but not K-97. It wasn’t very cooperative right from the get go as it Krausened through the air-lock 18 hours post-pitch. Attenuated very well (81%) but got all lager-ish on me by throwing sulfur. Time and repeated “purging” of the keg vent has helped considerably, but I still get some sulfur 2-1/2 weeks after kegging. Not a lot at this point mind you. My wife says she doesn’t notice it...or maybe she’s being nice. It also refuses to clear like it should. I probably should break down and use gelatin on these type of beers, just for appearances.

Anyway, the beer is still eminently drinkable. Low bitterness with Bravo, smooth, crisp. Maybe a little bready. Nice foam, decent lacing. Just have to accept the bit of sulfur in the nose. A bit frustrating for coming close, but I’ll try this again soon with a different yeast.

E30D1DB6-163B-4643-B732-D53976CF4371.jpeg

Back