What are you drinking right now?

Talking of distilleries one of our big distillers Bunderberg Rum have committed to making off their own back 100,000lt of ethanol so the Aus government can make sanitizer out of it cool :)
Same here in maryland. Other businesses are retrofitting to make other needed supplies too

Local small distilleries are doing the same. Haven't heard whether we can get Stranahan's Hand Sanitizer. Lukas Liquors had apparently got a stockpile of hand sanitizer from some supplier, posted it was available for free to us old farts at 1:30 on Saturday and by the time I tried to order on line at 4:00, the page had been taken down. Wife is sewing face masks. We do our part.

My Cali Common. I'm really happy with how this one turned out and so simple to brew.
IMG_20200324_195850.jpg

20200326_185304.jpg
Hmmm I'm not the only one nervous drinking...:rolleyes:
This is me Feb pale shows Hornindal will finish pretty clear for those using this yeast (grist dependant adjuncts not used here...) it's got a flavour all from the yeast. Gash Slug has described it as squashed ant :D I do see where he's comming from but my blond is totally different I think it's also a crystal malt thing. Remember hornindal has a caramel yeast ester in its descriptions maybe this is a crystal twisted deception or marker depending on your tastes...

Got lots to report on Skare Kviek

View attachment 9172 Hmmm I'm not the only one nervous drinking...:rolleyes:
This is me Feb pale shows Hornindal will finish pretty clear for those using this yeast (grist dependant adjuncts not used here...) it's got a flavour all from the yeast. Gash Slug has described it as squashed ant :D I do see where he's comming from but my blond is totally different I think it's also a crystal malt thing. Remember hornindal has a caramel yeast ester in its descriptions maybe this is a crystal twisted deception or marker depending on your tastes...

Got lots to report on Skare Kviek
Twisted Crystal, good name for a beer?

Supporting a local brewery I love the creaminess to this beer cheers View attachment 9185
Any hints from a description written on the can or anything you can figure that leads to that creaminess? I love a beer that has a nice creamy (but not sweet) body. Hard to find one that gets it just right.

Any hints from a description written on the can or anything you can figure that leads to that creaminess? I love a beer that has a nice creamy (but not sweet) body. Hard to find one that gets it just right.
I get "creaminess" from Carafoam and crystal malts. One of the "creamiest" heads I've had on a beer was the pale ale I made with Life Cereal.

I think it's their yeast they use and pitch rate ferm temperature.
20200328_075006.jpg

Pretty much beer is described 2 row/vienna grist with truck loads of El Dorado and Citra I'd say whirlpool dry hopped. It has lots of tropical fruit also a touch of orange pith peal from Eldorado (not as much as in one I brewed recently it was PITHY as BIO transformation I think that was as I hopped at start of ferm)

No word on yeast but clean and creamy I'd say Chico strain.

It's a great beer as you can see by the label they let the beer do their talking;).

One that @Hawkbox missed out on over here a good IPA is rare as Hens teath over here you gotta know where to find em.
Actually one of few commercial IPA s I buy there are two (bru Ha Ha and Black hops).

Back