What are you drinking right now?

I had a beer wanker mate tell me that because of light strike I'd definitely be able to tell the difference between the can and the bottle. So we did the triangle test... Couldn't tell the difference.
I may have to try this myself cause I feel like it's a different drinking experience coming from the can. The salt and lime just aren't the same it seems when out of the can. I get none of the 'skunk' that you need with the salt and lime.ayne this is just mind over matter? I may pour a can into a glass tomorrow and put it outside and see what happens.

20200322_155719.jpg
Drinking some of that mead I made a while back I added some lactic acid and backsweetned with honey it's alright ginger is good lemon myrtle is there faintly.

Looks nice there Ben. We’ve gotten to drinking our pales and IPAs very light over recent years.
Yeah it was supposed to be pale but I think I used dark crystal malt in it so pushed the colour up a little bit more than expected.

Just pulled the first sample of my cereal beer for the Club: Mikey Likes It Pale Ale. It's a little hazy (first pour and all) but quite good! High in salt due to the cereal but not enough that it tastes salty. Hops present nicely, both in aroma and bitterness. I like the Idaho Gem dry hop - some fruit candy notes. Nice esters from the Imperial yeast.... I like the beer! Will likely brew it again, maybe without the cereal (it was a Sierra Nevada clone), the cereal makes for a difficult recirculation and lager.

Just pulled the first sample of my cereal beer for the Club: Mikey Likes It Pale Ale. It's a little hazy (first pour and all) but quite good! High in salt due to the cereal but not enough that it tastes salty. Hops present nicely, both in aroma and bitterness. I like the Idaho Gem dry hop - some fruit candy notes. Nice esters from the Imperial yeast.... I like the beer! Will likely brew it again, maybe without the cereal (it was a Sierra Nevada clone), the cereal makes for a difficult recirculation and lager.
Was that a kviek yeast brew Nosey I'm sure I recall you brewing with some?

Haven't packaged that one. This was with Imperial's Chico strain.

Looks nice there Ben. We’ve gotten to drinking our pales and IPAs very light over recent years.
To me this is the biggest trend in beer over the last 5 or so years. People talk about this style or that style going in and out of style, but I keep seeing any style with malty flavours and a bit of popularity trending to a paler and paler grist.

Personally I'm a fan. Never enjoyed those traditional malty pales, it always felt like a chore to finish more than one.

To me this is the biggest trend in beer over the last 5 or so years. People talk about this style or that style going in and out of style, but I keep seeing any style with malty flavours and a bit of popularity trending to a paler and paler grist.

Personally I'm a fan. Never enjoyed those traditional malty pales, it always felt like a chore to finish more than one.
While I do hear what you are saying, I like variety. I want a low alcohol stout, then a dank as F WCIPA, then I want a juiced up NEIPA, damn, now I'm ready for a lovely scotch ale, could I get an olde english when you have a moment? I could go on, ut I will say that I don't care for a number of styles, like sours, brutes, or saisons. Oh, I didn't mention lagers, oh right, don't like them either! I do however love a Pilsner Urquell, and I savor a Sol on a hot summer afternoon (heck, it's 4%, ALL afternoon).

My point is, you like what you like. Trends, schmends! I think the best trend in beer is that there are still people searching for something new and delicious!

I don’t make or drink much beer based on trends. But I do know my taste or preferred flavor profile changes over time. I think I’ve gone full circle on pales and IPAs a few times over the past 30 years. Then there are stouts and porters. I won’t touch one for a few years, then all the sudden can’t get enough of them. It’s a vicious cycle:rolleyes::confused:

With all the great breweries and their great beers so close to, I'd be confused too. Every time we get up your way I tell myself we're going to visit some new breweries, but we keep going to the tried and true. Last time, Callie took the reins and we did the north side of Bend and then Redmond. Now I'm really confused & don't know where I want to go. Perfect example was Porter Brewing in Redmond. I'm not a big fan of British beer, but just love all of theirs.
BTW, did you ever get to the distillery that's close to them?

With all the great breweries and their great beers so close to, I'd be confused too. Every time we get up your way I tell myself we're going to visit some new breweries, but we keep going to the tried and true. Last time, Callie took the reins and we did the north side of Bend and then Redmond. Now I'm really confused & don't know where I want to go. Perfect example was Porter Brewing in Redmond. I'm not a big fan of British beer, but just love all of theirs.
BTW, did you ever get to the distillery that's close to them?
Talking of distilleries one of our big distillers Bunderberg Rum have committed to making off their own back 100,000lt of ethanol so the Aus government can make sanitizer out of it cool :)

Back