One last brew for 2019

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I whipped this up for one last brew day of the year. Looking for something simple but good to have in the keg. Haven't messed with the water yet.
I'm not sold on the hop schedule, I want it to be a bit dank, but also not overly complicated or expensive.
Any thoughts?

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/726616/table-beer

Dank how?? Earthy dank?? I'd do Fuggles or East Kent Golding and isn't Simcoe more citrus leaning part of the grapefruit juice trifecta? Simcoe, Critra and Mosaic?

Last edited:
Dank how?? Earthy dank?? I'd do Fuggles or East Kent Golding and isn't Simcoe more citrus leaning part of the grapefruit juice trifecta? Simcoe, Critra and Mosaic?
More like pot dank. I was reading through some posts here and simcoe seemed to lean that way. I cant get it to tag correctly, but @JA was a proponent of columbus and simcoe

I take it you're shooting for low ibu's?

Yep! I like it! :D
I'd go about 10 IBUs more with a small 60 minute addition of Warrior if it was me. You're going to get plenty of fruit notes from the US-05 along with the mango from the Simcoe and without a little hop bite to balance, it could get a bit cloying.

Looks tasty to me love the look of the grist too btw recon you'll find a nice ballance with these hops.

Thanks guys, I'll take another look at the recipe into the morning when I'm fresher

ok, tweaked to add about 10 IBUs with 5 grams of Warrior.
I just checked and i've got some UK Target on hand, about 11% AA. In order to save a few bucks, do you think i could get away with using some of that instead of Warrior?

ok, tweaked to add about 10 IBUs with 5 grams of Warrior.
I just checked and i've got some UK Target on hand, about 11% AA. In order to save a few bucks, do you think i could get away with using some of that instead of Warrior?
Yep...The Warrior adds a little piney character that sits will in IPAs but the more neutral bittering of Target should do just fine. It's just something to give a little hang time to the bitterness and balance the juicy factor. It certainly may be a great beer without any addition. I just think that in this case a little hint of crisp "bite" might do nicely. ;)

Yep...The Warrior adds a little piney character that sits will in IPAs but the more neutral bittering of Target should do just fine. It's just something to give a little hang time to the bitterness and balance the juicy factor. It certainly may be a great beer without any addition. I just think that in this case a little hint of crisp "bite" might do nicely. ;)
Thanks brother

Back