What are you drinking right now?

Continuing my run of really nice beers from Troegs.

Double fermented with Lacto and then their house ale yeast. Sour, tart and blood-orange fruity...but not overwhelmingly so like many sour for sour's sake beers. Really enjoying this. At 4.5% it's quite drinkable, and one of those beers that simply sticking your nose in the glass is worth the price of admission.

IMG_0008.JPG

Still in a craft beer desert but there are some decent wineries. Back in Austin tomorrow night, then home on Monday. Another night or two and JA's beers could be in serious jeopardy.

Still in a craft beer desert but there are some decent wineries. Back in Austin tomorrow night, then home on Monday. Another night or two and JA's beers could be in serious jeopardy.
I'm sure JA should fill that craft beer longing Noseybear?

Called it a day after hanging half of the outside lights. Forgot that I'd tossed them last year and needed to get new ones. Off to the Walmart, which took almost 2 hours:( Luckily, picked up a bottle of Evan Williams and having shot(s) of that along with a pint or 2 of my Centennial Pale Ale.

Done.jpg

20191210_175009.jpg
Having one from my brew club bottle exchange holiday competition. This is the description, it is called 100 Cups.
Description
Swap your morning coffee with this beer. A session stout with a heavy handed amount of coffee.
Some responses reference it being a but thin in body, but it is 4.1%, a session coffee stout.
This is my response
Agree on the body, but I am really enjoying this fine beverage, getting a bit of chocolate flavor too. Very nice, well done sir!

View attachment 8165 Having one from my brew club bottle exchange holiday competition. This is the description, it is called 100 Cups.
Description
Swap your morning coffee with this beer. A session stout with a heavy handed amount of coffee.
Some responses reference it being a but thin in body, but it is 4.1%, a session coffee stout.
This is my response
Agree on the body, but I am really enjoying this fine beverage, getting a bit of chocolate flavor too. Very nice, well done sir!
Nice futurama reference there. What happens if you drink 100 of them?

That keg would be near empty by now eh thinderwagon?
I haven't checked how close it is. I tried not to hit it too much there for awhile and I've been hitting a couple of the lighter ones I have on tap to get rid of them 1st.

I haven't checked how close it is. I tried not to hit it too much there for awhile and I've been hitting a couple of the lighter ones I have on tap to get rid of them 1st.
Smart man! Makes sense to let the porter age.

Smart man! Makes sense to let the porter age.
Nice futurama reference there. What happens if you drink 100 of them?
Wasn't aware of the reference, but makes me think of a drinking game we played in high school called century club. Everyone has plenty of beer and a shot glass you drink one ounce of beer every minute for 100 minutes. Sounds simple enough, but it amounts to better than eight 12oz beers in a little over an hour and a half. I tried once and failed...

Guest beer from a friend in Austin, a blend of Kolsch and pepper beer. Nice fruity esters from the Kolsch, subtle smokiness and pepper flavor from the pepper beer. I'll get to JA's cans tomorrow. View attachment 8169

One of the finest pepper beers I've ever had was a Jalapeño Kolsch at Ravenna Brewing in Seattle. A very nice Kolsch Ale with just enough Jalapeño to impart a nice flavor without any heat. Kolsch is probably one of the best canvases to express artful brewing on.

Wasn't aware of the reference, but makes me think of a drinking game we played in high school called century club. Everyone has plenty of beer and a shot glass you drink one ounce of beer every minute for 100 minutes. Sounds simple enough, but it amounts to better than eight 12oz beers in a little over an hour and a half. I tried once and failed...
Ah yes. We had something similar, the power hour. 1 minute clips of songs let you know when to drink.
And yeah, it's way too much volume for me.
By the way, ever heard of Edward 40-hands?

Ah yes. We had something similar, the power hour. 1 minute clips of songs let you know when to drink.
And yeah, it's way too much volume for me.
By the way, ever heard of Edward 40-hands?
Nope, just the scissor guy...

Back