Default Packaging Size - for Carbs & Calorie Calculation

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I have mentioned this before but it has been lost in translation I suspect - or ditched as a bad idea (more likely) - however I will try again to see if any others might find it useful.
Unlike what seems to be the default volume used in calculating Calories and Carbs (355ml) I use 500ml as my preferred bottle size (~= 1 pint) and it would be most useful to me if the calculations displayed on the Editing screen under the Advanced Recipe Options and Stats section were to use this volume. It would be best organised if the Default Packaging size was an option on the Profile page - that way everyone can select their preferred size and make the calculations relevant to them.

I have mocked up some graphics of what I have in mind.

Editing Page:
upload_2019-11-19_17-42-25.png

Profiles Page:
upload_2019-11-19_17-44-30.png

Maybe even more likely, BF had bigger fish to fry getting the software back in working order.

You would think that as all of the math is already there, it should be pretty simple to achieve this.

Can't say where it is on the to-do list, as I can only see what issues/requests I've submitted, and things that are ready for testing.

I would think that this is a fairly easy feature to implement, as the math is straightforward and it should be able to fit into the profile settings easily.

Personally I'd prefer it to be a user input text box, with the default setting tied to the user profile. That way it should cover any use case, if you always use 500mL bottles you can set it to that and never have to worry about it. If you use different packages, you can quickly change it on the recipe page without having to open a new tab/window.

Can't say where it is on the to-do list, as I can only see what issues/requests I've submitted, and things that are ready for testing.

I would think that this is a fairly easy feature to implement, as the math is straightforward and it should be able to fit into the profile settings easily.

Personally I'd prefer it to be a user input text box, with the default setting tied to the user profile. That way it should cover any use case, if you always use 500mL bottles you can set it to that and never have to worry about it. If you use different packages, you can quickly change it on the recipe page without having to open a new tab/window.

Yes that sounds OK to me. I was trying to cut down on the clutter of the Edit screen with extra options but if that can be done then great. It's only a small point I know - just another Wish on the list.

Will the sizing be both in conventional and squirrel?

An update for this has been released @AHarper, was missing from the print recipe page.

Back