Ready to Keg?

If 1.010 holds steady for 2-3 days, it should be ok to keg.

I brewed a SMASH on Sunday in hopes of having it ready to drink tomorrow night.

The OG is 1.054 (was supposed to be 1.050) and the Tilt hydrometer is reading 1.010 now.

My recipe is here: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/906377/smash-el-dorado

Is this ready to keg?

Thanks

Are you charting your Tilt hydrometer readings? If so, you should see it flatlining at 1.010. If not, you should really take advantage of that feature within the Tilt. Otherwise, I agree with @thunderwagn

5 days G2G is pushing it but it's certainly been done. I'd trust it more if it was more like 1.044 OG but your tilt graph looks pretty steady. It might be a better beer with another few days in the fermenter but I doubt that you're compromising things by pushing ahead. Given that you're kegging and not bottling, it's safe to package and crash.

I agree. The worst thing would be some diacytel that needs cleaning, maybe. If your were bottling, then I would wait. But kegging it, no problem.
Exactly kegging allows for a bit of leniency in a packaging end of the brew. I just finished watching a great vlog from Harrybrew 69 on carbonation and different volumes of co2 at different pressures and temperatures and sounds Like whoever Henry was created a Law about it as well as some French guy I can't even begin to pronounce sober.

To put my answer in perspective I'm crashing a ginger beer I brewed last Sunday here atm so less than seven days old. I'll keg this tomorrow. It was brewed with Voss Kviek so that thing ripped through the 1.052 wort in two days heck I was adding my flavour addition Just 24 hours after pitch because krausen was dropping!

But it'll be drinking tomorrow but as Bob pointed at just because I can consume tomorrow doesn't mean the.beer would be fit to serve to others untill this time next week.
It just needs some conditioning Time to even out carbonation time for flavours to meld and time for it to settle a bit.

Thanks for all the feedback!

It's been leveling out at 1.010, so I'll probably keg tomorrow and sample on Sunday

This is my first SMaSH with a recipe to get a quick beer in the keg (i.e. low OG and a double pitch of US-05 yeast).

Back