Christmas Beer

Sounds interesting, but I can't offer anything either. Sure interested to hear how it turns out!

Interesting. What do the two chocolates contribute that one doesn't?

Are you expecting something like a spiced barleywine type of thing? I'm yet to get my hands on one of those. May have to make one myself.

I've had several different versions of Weldwerks Achromatic, and gotta say, the original is still my favorite I think. Mexican would be a close second. Look forward to how this turns out for you.

Last edited:
I have never had this beer but I can’t imagine WW using WLP001 or similar strains in any of their beers. That’s all I got.

I'm going to sub WLP090, San Diego Super Yeast, it'll take high ABV.

Interesting. What do the two chocolates contribute that one doesn't?

Are you expecting something like a spiced barleywine type of thing? I'm yet to get my hands on one of those. May have to make one myself.
Not sure why two chocolates apart from complexity. I want orange ginger chocolate, this looks like it will fill the bill.

Let us know how it turns out! I think Weldwerks beers would be just about the hardest to clone or even come close to.

Let us know how it turns out! I think Weldwerks beers would be just about the hardest to clone or even come close to.
Not trying to clone them, the recipe is converted to extract via Craft Beer and Brewing and I've come up with the ginger and orange additions. I have the all-grain recipe if needed but I seldom need or want a beer of that strength.

Based on Weldwerks's Achromatic Stout, tarted up with crystal ginger and blood orange, my plan for a 2.5 gallon extract Christmas warmer. Comments welcome!

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/908623/achromatic-christmas-stout-extract

Looks tasty, was wondering about a couple of things.
Would some amber dme give it a better sweetness residual?
And will that San Diego take fermentation too far?
Just thoughts.
The additions are something you have been practicing on for a while. I remember a brewer back when that used to scour the spice and herb isles for new flavors to try;).
CHEERS

I could drop back to the Chico yeast, will see what I feel like in the LHBS.

Hey Nosy!
Did you ever brew this?
How did it turn out?
I clicked the link today to look at the recipe, but got a permission error.

Looks like one to brew and bottle in January for the following Christmas season...

Hey Nosy!
Did you ever brew this?
How did it turn out?
I clicked the link today to look at the recipe, but got a permission error.
I did. It drinks like a liqueur, good enough if that's your beer, it isn't mine. Don't know why you're getting a permission error, it's shared.

Not a liqueur guy, interesting though!

Back