Grainfather Base Stand

airborne spoon

Trial Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever thought about upgrading the stand for the grainfather conical fermenter? I mean this thing is awesome and all but I hate how low to the ground it is. I've attached a pic of the factory legs removed if that will spark any ideas. But I want the bottom spigot to be like 2ft or so off the ground. I can weld and fabricate stuff pretty easily but I need ideas to get me started. Also since it is double walled maybe it would be as simple as welding 4 legs to the sides and making a sealed cover to go over the open base area.
Any ideas would be helpful, thanks.

IMG_20190905_172221.jpg

Has anyone ever thought about upgrading the stand for the grainfather conical fermenter? I mean this thing is awesome and all but I hate how low to the ground it is. I've attached a pic of the factory legs removed if that will spark any ideas. But I want the bottom spigot to be like 2ft or so off the ground. I can weld and fabricate stuff pretty easily but I need ideas to get me started. Also since it is double walled maybe it would be as simple as welding 4 legs to the sides and making a sealed cover to go over the open base area.
Any ideas would be helpful, thanks.

View attachment 7140
You could divy up some legs like your saying to desired hight and bolt them into the exisiting external holes you have for them tabs on the sides. I can see atleast 4 there. I'd brace the legs with some cross section pieces to stop any sway. I wouldn't go too high though because centre of gravity will be out and more likely cause it to be unstable.

Think most structures have a really heavy base to tie into but here your raising that weight up like you see water towers. Maybe Google some water tower pics for some structural ideas.

You could divy up some legs like your saying to desired hight and bolt them into the exisiting external holes you have for them tabs on the sides. I can see atleast 4 there. I'd brace the legs with some cross section pieces to stop any sway. I wouldn't go too high though because centre of gravity will be out and more likely cause it to be unstable

Yeah I was thinking if I did simple legs I could have them come out at either an angle like /\ or maybe down then out like straight down then out at like a 25° angle, of that makes sense.

Put it on a shitty table or wood stand and cut a hole to access underneath maybe? You'd keep your stability and add height, and be pretty simple.

Put it on a shitty table or wood stand and cut a hole to access underneath maybe? You'd keep your stability and add height, and be pretty simple.

That's not a bad idea, although I'd just build a little table since it's cheap and easy, like 2'x2' would probably work.

Back