Adding Inventory Items.

GFHomebrew

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd add some new malts I've got into inventory this morning but for the life of me in cant seem to get the program accept it.

Please can someone explain what I'm doing wrong. It seems to me that it won't accept this screen shot below and whats with that toggle switch? So I out the brand name but in the malt type there is no drop down menu to choose from so I put the malt type in that field Dark Crystal or Dark Crystal Malt.
Screenshot_20190825-094203_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ok so click submit and get this
Screenshot_20190825-094229_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't want to add a custom fermentable for each malt I list it just makes this inventory tool nullenvoid for me.

I've tried 3 malts now from Thomas Fawcett all arnt accepted. But no mater what I type in the malt type field I don't get a drop down from BF data base so end up typing my own only to get that msg above pop up.

I had thought that they'd gotten the inventory part of things fairly well functional after all the screwing around with the last round of "improvements". I see that there's a new field now to fill in so there's obviously been more tinkering. I've pretty much given up on the idea of actually tracking my inventory in BF.
I don't want to get started with this again. :rolleyes:

I had thought that they'd gotten the inventory part of things fairly well functional after all the screwing around with the last round of "improvements". I see that there's a new field now to fill in so there's obviously been more tinkering. I've pretty much given up on the idea of actually tracking my inventory in BF.
20190825_112750.jpg

Fool proof inventory. Scale is just below. Can adjust as we weigh it out. I tried to keep up with software too but was more trouble than it was worth. Sorry mods, I stepped out of that part. Hope recipe calculator doesn't keep going the way it is.:(

View attachment 7035
Fool proof inventory. Scale is just below. Can adjust as we weigh it out. I tried to keep up with software too but was more trouble than it was worth. Sorry mods, I stepped out of that part. Hope recipe calculator doesn't keep going the way it is.:(
My Excel spreadsheet works fine and no unexpected changes to functionality.

Yep I've pretty much done the same there JA but decided to load some of my new stash in yesterday just did bits of roasted malts I know ain't going to get used up in a hurry and I'll forget their there. So yep tried to load em in but it looks like you've pretty much gotta fill out a stupid custom fermentables form for each fermentables inventory malt to get it to accept.

Yeah at head first will have to get me a whiteboard it looks:rolleyes:.

Whatever method you use, you need to remember to update it each time you use anything. That's my problem. CRAFT disease. (Can't Remember A Freakin' Thing)

Whatever method you use, you need to remember to update it each time you use anything. That's my problem. CRAFT disease. (Can't Remember A Freakin' Thing)
Fully agree Bob, hence the whiteboard staring me in the face as we weighn up a batch. Really simple to do now with a dedicated space for this process. Only screw up once in a while, not every batch:D.

We've gotten a bit off of the topic here. We need our inventory to work perfectly. @Trialben can you tell me what steps you were taking after this screenshot?
I click "add inventory" to get to the screen you show. Then click those green words to get to the screen to add the new malts that aren't in the catalog:
upload_2019-8-26_8-22-11.png

Then you get the screen opened up more to add your custom malts:

upload_2019-8-26_8-24-2.png

Then click submit. It easily adds that to your inventory, and if you have it set to add to the catalog, it will add it to our general list as well.

If you're not adding a custom fermentable, add from the brands and malts in the regular list. You don't have to add it as a custom.

For the Thomas Fawcett malt you are adding, make sure that Thomas Fawcett is a brand that you are allowing (if you have it set):
upload_2019-8-26_8-29-23.png

Then select the Thomas Fawcett dark crystal malt:
upload_2019-8-26_8-31-50.png

We've gotten a bit off of the topic here. We need our inventory to work perfectly. @Trialben can you tell me what steps you were taking after this screenshot?
I click "add inventory" to get to the screen you show. Then click those green words to get to the screen to add the new malts that aren't in the catalog:
View attachment 7043

Then you get the screen opened up more to add your custom malts:

View attachment 7044

Then click submit. It easily adds that to your inventory, and if you have it set to add to the catalog, it will add it to our general list as well.

If you're not adding a custom fermentable, add from the brands and malts in the regular list. You don't have to add it as a custom.

For the Thomas Fawcett malt you are adding, make sure that Thomas Fawcett is a brand that you are allowing (if you have it set):
View attachment 7045

Then select the Thomas Fawcett dark crystal malt:
View attachment 7046
Ok yep that's what I'm not doing clicking on that "use custom fermentables to add new malt to catalog" thing once I click this yes I get the drop down to choose from. Now I can proceed as per usual.
Screenshot_20190827-051952_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cheers Yooper thankyou very much. It t wasn't a development error more like user error.

Maybe to make it a bit more simple user friendly in the word header about adding custom malt it could say "click here to access BF drop down malt selection" :rolleyes:

Back