What did you get delivered today

So, if you get drunk and stuff a batch, you make it into moonshine so you can get drunk on the moonshine and repeat the process? Sounds like a great plan. Gotta write that down so I don't forget it.
Yeah he said I need one of these. He said you boil it and run water through it. I think it takes awhile I'm gathering you've gotta boil the whole lot down that would take hours!
20190720_094455.jpg

Yep, you're at a temperature that boils the alcohol and leaves the water behind.

Yep, you're at a temperature that boils the alcohol and leaves the water behind.
See that shed well there is an underground tank under that concrete he just pumps that through the reflux and back Into the tank talk about turning the hobby into an obsession!

I've also thought about a little distilling. You can pick up 3 gallon charred barrels easy enough. 6-9 month's is about the general consensus on age time considering the larger surface area for the batch size.
I've seen some pretty sweet little home still units made with a pressure cooker.

Bought a new system! Well new to me anyway. Have put a number of items up for sale to offset the cost. Needs some plumbing. Three vessels, three burners, one pump. Will use my current pump to get that sweet wort into the fermenter.
IMG_20190720_1335309.jpg

This is my Bday malt supply should last me easily the rest of the year in base malt anyway
Also got a bit of carahell and Vienna to spice things up. Cheers!View attachment 6851
Oooh, signature. You got a feel on whether it's better, or just better than their standard?

Oooh, signature. You got a feel on whether it's better, or just better than their standard?
Ha ha yes well time will tell soon enough I'll be getting stuck into their malts for sure. Havnt used Joe white as base for a very long time so let's hope I like it :)! At the price Mark has it on his website at NHB I couldn't resist. I know JW gets a bit of a bad wrap here in Aus but hey anything grown in Tassie to me just tastes better so I'm happy to get me some Aussie grown malts for a change;).

Two stainless steel chuggers with end inlet on my from to step today. Also dropped off the frame and burner frames yesterday to get them sandblasted and powder coated. Expecting a hose/tube style counterflow chiller to land in a few days as well

The Snub Nose arrived today!
20190903_171013.jpg

That's it a fermentasaurus without the collection port. Suits me just fine all i want is preassure transfers so in can transfer straight out the fermentor into recieving keg in keggerator.
If you get one the handles are on the bottom needle nose pliers and tongue in right spot gets it sorted.
That floating dip tube one preassure tests was blowing a bit of gas at times and wasn't under the water line so that might need a bit of edumacation on my part! Any tips people's?

You can't really see from this shot below because top down but this thing just fits with the quick release plugged in atop fermentor! Talk about ment to be eh!
20190903_191659.jpg

I don't have a spunding valve yet but I wasted no time getting my cubed batch of lil ale in there pitched on some slurry ready for it's maiden fermentation! Using a gas disconnect in jar I'll disconnect the gas release as I see fermentation fading and just let preassure build up. Preassure release valve is 35psi so should be good.

I'm so excited to do my first ferment I this unit!

Counterflow chiller arrived yesterday, powder coated brew stand and burners are done and ready for pick up. Got new casters for it last week. Some assembly required when I return from the north:D

Got supplies for the next set of brews today, plus some Lactic Acid, Whirlfloc and Crystal hops and one of the MoreBeer tap handles that you just print out an insert and slide it in to ID the beer on that tap. They're shipping one free with any recipe kit.

Restocking.jpg

Glass Lake.jpg

Yep.
A Chinook/Crystal Pale Ale, a Hoppy Blonde Ale, Nautical Star (the community brew), my house IPA, a Cherrywood smoked Stout and my first try at cloning Guinness' Rye Pale Ale. Ought to keep the pipeline flowing for a couple of months.

Nice haul. I'm still considering ordering a cheap kit to get that tap handle. I like it.

Nice haul. I'm still considering ordering a cheap kit to get that tap handle. I like it.

Hoping they still have that deal when I place my next order. Not enough room to put one on the middle tap, so 1 more will do it. I down loaded a bunch of their generically named recipe PDFs to edit, print and cut out labels for the taps. I edit out the top triangle and replace it with the name of my beer and the ABV. Example below:

Attachments

• American IPA.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 186
Hoping they still have that deal when I place my next order. Not enough room to put one on the middle tap, so 1 more will do it. I down loaded a bunch of their generically named recipe PDFs to edit, print and cut out labels for the taps. I edit out the top triangle and replace it with the name of my beer and the ABV. Example below:
I like the chalk board insert you can get for it.

Back