Whiskey, Bourbon, and Other Fine Spirits!

One of the night's bottles. More to my style/liking. Not one of my favorites but very nice. Sorry for the hideous glassware. They don't have much of a selection. Gonna be hurting when it comes to shooters later.
IMG_20190727_181711.jpg

One of the night's bottles. More to my style/liking. Not one of my favorites but very nice. Sorry for the hideous glassware. They don't have much of a selection. Gonna be hurting when it comes to shooters later.
View attachment 6752
Well glad you didn't bring beer then lol.

This may come as a surprise, but among the less expensive rye is one of my favorites, Old Grandad.

The bar I worked at in the early 80s had Old Overholt. I took a liking to it. Never looked for it in a package store, but can't imagine it was expensive. We sold it at well prices.

I like Old Grandad 114. Then again, I like most Jim Beam products.

Made an Old Fashioned last night with rum. It felt a little sacrilegious, but was pretty damn tasty.

Been busy. Waiting on classes to start now. Didn't get a picture of the bottle cause....well, i suck.
Took this picture and sent it to my buddy to try and hurry him up to the party. Must have been a little tipsy cause also added a message, "for you." Meant to say "waiting for you".
He shared it with me luckily but took the remainder home with him. Bought it to prove there is better than Patron. Never had Patron but tired of all the people saying its the best and all i drink.
donjulio.jpg

I do like a fine Bourbon, but I have a taste, no, no, actually a love for the "Finer Spirits" . I have had my eye on this for a while now, and finally took the plunge. At $114, I consider it a bargain, it is delectable. Incredible pungent aroma, not overly smokey, but generously peaty, a lovely west west highland...
IMG_20190802_2117429.jpg

IMG_20190802_2117489.jpg
IMG_20190802_2118002.jpg

A) for your reading pleasure
B) I mark the purchase date on each of the members of my collection (20 bottles)

I do like a fine Bourbon, but I have a taste, no, no, actually a love for the "Finer Spirits" . I have had my eye on this for a while now, and finally took the plunge. At $114, I consider it a bargain, it is delectable. Incredible pungent aroma, not overly smokey, but generously peaty, a lovely west west highland...
View attachment 6791
Very nice! Enjoy. I need to expand a bit into scotch one of these days.

Little Buffalo for me tonight. Goes down nice with the 1554 keg I just picked up.
20190802_205759.jpg

I'll stick with the Bourbon. Never developed a taste for Scotch.

I'm sure I posted, but somewhere something went wrong and it's now hiding somewhere in cyberspace.
Anyway, I got a bottle of Glenmorangie finding its way here and should be here in the next couple of days.
And I still got a 12 year old Glenfiddich waiting for the right occasion.

Not a fan of peaty whiskey and definitely not of bourbon (sorry guys, but that means more for you ;)

I'm not a big whisky drinker though. I prefer beer (obviously) and red wine

I'll stick with the Bourbon. Never developed a taste for Scotch.
The variety of flavors from the different Scotch regions is quite diverse. Even within regions there is a very diverse range of flavors. If you were ever to try a dram when at a pub, I would suggest trying a Highland, or even an Irish whiskey like Jameson's. If you were ever inclined that is:)

I'm sure I posted, but somewhere something went wrong and it's now hiding somewhere in cyberspace.
Anyway, I got a bottle of Glenmorangie finding its way here and should be here in the next couple of days.
And I still got a 12 year old Glenfiddich waiting for the right occasion.

Not a fan of peaty whiskey and definitely not of bourbon (sorry guys, but that means more for you ;)

I'm not a big whisky drinker though. I prefer beer (obviously) and red wine
The Glenmorangie is a beauty Highland, it has been a while since I had one in my collection, will have to add it to the shopping list!

I also put that on my wishlist to try. Thank you.
thunderwagn if you like Buffalo Trace you have to try Eagle Rare. It was one of those bottles i found extremely cheap and bought to try. One of my now favorites!! (not so cheap if it's not on sale maybe? but much better than buffalo trace which i also really like)

So i stopped by my sisters for a quick celebratory beer after class/test. Also had....
IMG_20190803_155611.jpg

I also put that on my wishlist to try. Thank you.
thunderwagn if you like Buffalo Trace you have to try Eagle Rare. It was one of those bottles i found extremely cheap and bought to try. One of my now favorites!! (not so cheap if it's not on sale maybe? but much better than buffalo trace which i also really like)

So i stopped by my sisters for a quick celebratory beer after class/test. Also had....
View attachment 6801
Eagle Rare is tasty for sure. I usually have a bottle on the shelf.
My current offerings.
20190803_183720.jpg

Last edited:

Back