Second Faucet to a Single Tap Tower

Vesparados

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I scored a brand new single tap Insignia kegerator on Monday for $150. CO2 bottle, whole kit. It's the 5.4 cubic feet model and has enough room for two and maybe three corny kegs. The off-the-shelf two and three tap towers are 3 inch diameter towers and the one on my new toy is 2.5 inch diameter. Does anyone have any experience with adding one or two taps to the 2.5 inch tower? Thanks.

They make a sleeve extension, but I'd have to check if it will fit on a 2.5" column.
The biggest issue is getting the proper shank to make the turn and not interfere with each other.
Let me know if you want me to get more info on your specific tower.
Cheers,
Brian

They make a sleeve extension, but I'd have to check if it will fit on a 2.5" column.
The biggest issue is getting the proper shank to make the turn and not interfere with each other.
Let me know if you want me to get more info on your specific tower.
Cheers,
Brian
Thanks Brian, that would be great.

I'll reach out today and see what the best option is for you.
Brian

The sleeve extensions are around $65 if i remember correctly, and with a 2.5" tower, it may just make sense to consider a new 3" tower.
I'll get you some options and get back to you.
Brian

Here in Aus they sell either 2 Tap or three tap fonts you'll just have to purchase a 3 tap font if that's what you want.

As I Thought, the sleeve is for a 3" column.
A new 3" SS column with 2 SS shanks is going to be about $90 before any shipping.
I can get the column with chrome over brass shanks and faucets, but I wouldn't ever suggest chrome over brass.
Brian

I've converted a 2 tap to 3 and I have a single that I'll convert to a double. Depending on the diameter of the tower you need to offset the height of the faucets as well as the angle to add to a single. You'll need a 90 degree tower shank and a 7/8" step drill. It's not too hard to estimate where the new one can go once you rig both shanks with tubing and clamps. It'll obviously be tighter quarters on the smaller diameter towers but it can be done without the extension.

On mine it's two at the top and one underneath in the middle sorta Like a triangle tightening your short shanks can be a real PITA it's a job for small hands.

Back