Timers

I just talk to my tower of babel and I tell her "hey remind me to put the first hops in in 15 minutes". Then she says "would you like me to remind you to put the first hops in in 15 minutes?" And I say "yes" and she say "got it"

Later she says "you have a reminder should I read it?"

I say yes

She says "put the first hops in"

Her name is Cortana

WIN_20190525_10_26_59_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
I just talk to my tower of babel and I tell her "hey remind me to put the first hops in in 15 minutes". Then she says "would you like me to remind you to put the first hops in in 15 minutes?" And I say "yes" and she say "got it"

Later she says "you have a reminder should I read it?"

I say yes

She says "put the first hops in"

Her name is Cortana

View attachment 6109
Ours is the Google version (and it's less polite, but basically the same). All that functionality and 90% of the time we use it to set timers.

Half the time it actually replies with 'Sorted' when you ask it to set a timer (though sadly without a fake south London accent).

I can call my mom. She tells me jokes. And if I ask her to open the pod bay doors she says "I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that"

Scary

Yep... that’s it. It listens to EVERYTHING! Tis why I don’t want one. I’ll stick with timers generated by keyboard input. ;)

Ours is the Google version (and it's less polite, but basically the same). All that functionality and 90% of the time we use it to set timers.

Half the time it actually replies with 'Sorted' when you ask it to set a timer (though sadly without a fake south London accent).
Nope. Don't want a robot listening to my conversations.

I feel so old(-school). My timer has 4 hands....2 attached to my brain, which has to remember to look at the other 2 hands, which are attached to a clock. :p
minute_30.png

With increasing age, of both brain and clock....the precision isn't quite what it used to be, but I mostly can't taste the difference anyway. :cool:

For most of our processes, a few minutes more or less doesn't matter.

Everything is listening to your conversation, and half of it's streaming the video (yep, it's exaggeration, but not as much as I'd hope).

Sometimes I admit it is a little freeky what pops up in your add feed on the net coincidence I dont think so!

Yep... that’s it. It listens to EVERYTHING

Everything is listening to your conversation, and half of it's streaming the video (yep, it's exaggeration, but not as much as I'd hope).

Sometimes I admit it is a little freeky what pops up in your add feed on the net coincidence I dont think so!

LOL..yeah and that's the reason it's called "Artificial Intelligence" and that's from a guy in the industry!

This is an interesting thread. It demonstrates how our minds all work differently with respect to how we treat and think of time. Linear and sequential or simultaneous. The analog vs digital treatment is also interesting. I think am in line with Yopper and SBA in that I look at the clock and think of the next step then write it down so I can always have that last reference point!

I say make it and I'll try it....just make sure the alarm sound is NOT a monotone voice saying "Time to add the Fuggles Hops Dave"...

The below image is a mock-up I made of one option. My thinking was that it can be linked to the “Brew” feature and and a beer recipe. That way you can use it with or without the “Brew” feature.

upload_2019-5-28_11-28-36.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-28_11-24-49.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-28_11-24-49.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 197
Very nice Mase love the time bar really nice way of laying it out and showing where things are going to happen on brew day. Love it!

The below image is a mock-up I made of one option. My thinking was that it can be linked to the “Brew” feature and and a beer recipe. That way you can use it with or without the “Brew” feature.

View attachment 6161
This is a great look. It's clear, easy to read across the room, and shows the multiple timers for different steps and additions.

View attachment 6161
That looks great!
I have been using the timers on the BeerXML Version 1.0 (BrewersFriend for window) Timers work well but you have to set up another program to do it.
@Yooper ......Mase this is exactly what we need, very nice work!!

Fingers crossed!

I love this feature too - looks great.

I wonder how much back end work has to go into putting a timer like this in?

It really would separate this from every other program I have ever used.

Back