Double Entry of Fermentable Origin from Inventory

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I have tried this in Live AND Beta - the result is the same.

I was reviewing a recipe that has a fermentable chosen from my Inventory. In this case it is the United Kingdom - Extra Dark Crystal.

My Inventory Listing
upload_2019-4-1_15-23-26.png

The Inventory Drop-Down

upload_2019-4-1_15-28-59.png

The problem is when the grain is listed in the Recipe View it now includes data from one of the new fields - The Origin field.
upload_2019-4-1_15-26-18.png

The end result is a double entry of the Origin field.

upload_2019-4-1_15-32-38.png

I don't know how this will be resolved but I would suggest not having the Origin field in the Inventory data as part of the name - we should know where we bought the items we list there. The data as entered could still be in the inventory table just not added to the fermentable name when listed in the drop down so, when listed in the View screen the two values can be concatenated together. Just an idea.

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-1_15-18-15.png
    upload_2019-4-1_15-18-15.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 91
  • upload_2019-4-1_15-31-19.png
    upload_2019-4-1_15-31-19.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 99
Did the latest release fix this for you?
When was the latest release?
Don't forget I have tried this in Live AND Beta - the result was the same.
So if the latest release was FROM the Beta then...

Also WRT my conversation with you earlier - I have removed all the Origin Values from my Inventory entries such that for e.g. United Kingdom - Extra Dark Crystal now reads Extra Dark Crystal but this IS the problem... I shouldn't have to do that.

No, you definitely should NOT have to do that. I'll let you know when this is fixed!

Also WRT my conversation with you earlier - I have removed all the Origin Values from my Inventory entries such that for e.g. United Kingdom - Extra Dark Crystal now reads Extra Dark Crystal but this IS the problem... I shouldn't have to do that.

We added a fix in beta- do you want to try again on your end and I'll check here on mine?

Hi Lorena,
I tried updating a test recipe in BETA with an updated Fermentable (I added back the United Kingdom - part back into an Inventory entry) in a recipe with the result below:
upload_2019-4-3_23-26-55.png

Wow E X P A N D E D... what's happened?

Well knowing that it's the same data being looked at by BETA and LIVE front ends I decided to look at the LIVE version for the same recipe.
This is the result:
upload_2019-4-3_23-31-19.png

Layout id as before but it displayed the problem you seem to have fixed in BETA.

I can see you have removed the COUNTRY field part - Amber, Chocolate etc. The Bestmalz entry shows that BRAND field has been retained, in my case for an Inventory entry, and if a MAIN data entry so this seems to be fixed as far as the double entries are concerned. I'm a bit concerned by the expanded layout though.

What also doesn't change is the EXPORT function - that still retains the long Double-Entry data. See the next post entry. I only used the TEXT export - as that is the one I use.

Last edited:

Back