Wort Share

Shepington

Trial Member
Reaction score
So I picked up wort from a brewery doing a wort share for a competition. I know what malts are in it but not amounts to scale down but I obviously know the OG so how would I add "pre mashed" Wort I tried fiddling with it under Extract but no joy and dont want to sit for hours tweaking amounts. Is there a way to custom imput my OG and then account for the steeping grains? I know this will throw of the SRM calculations but I'm not too worried about that.

Maybe the dilution calculator may help if the wort is high gravity. But I'm not sure others here may be more helpful.

It's hard to say without knowing the gravity of what you got. I'd make 1.055 my target and either boil and add hops or dilute boil and add hops depending on what you got. Don't over think it. It's free beer ;)

It's hard to say without knowing the gravity of what you got. I'd make 1.055 my target and either boil and add hops or dilute boil and add hops depending on what you got. Don't over think it. It's free beer ;)

Im not worried about any of that I was just looking at receipe formulation and tracking though BF Pre boil was 1.048 after steeping some flaked white wheat and flaked barley and boil OG Post was 1.060. I also wish it was free but the 30 bucks gets you 6ish gallons of wort and entry into the competition.

Back