Wort Share

Discussion in 'Recipe Editor' started by Shepington, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Shepington

Shepington Member

So I picked up wort from a brewery doing a wort share for a competition. I know what malts are in it but not amounts to scale down but I obviously know the OG so how would I add "pre mashed" Wort I tried fiddling with it under Extract but no joy and dont want to sit for hours tweaking amounts. Is there a way to custom imput my OG and then account for the steeping grains? I know this will throw of the SRM calculations but I'm not too worried about that.

2. Trialben

Trialben Well-Known Member

Pest control tech
    Maybe the dilution calculator may help if the wort is high gravity. But I'm not sure others here may be more helpful.

3. ChicoBrewer

ChicoBrewer Well-Known Member

Healthcare IT Manager
    It's hard to say without knowing the gravity of what you got. I'd make 1.055 my target and either boil and add hops or dilute boil and add hops depending on what you got. Don't over think it. It's free beer ;)

4. Shepington

Shepington Member

Im not worried about any of that I was just looking at receipe formulation and tracking though BF Pre boil was 1.048 after steeping some flaked white wheat and flaked barley and boil OG Post was 1.060. I also wish it was free but the 30 bucks gets you 6ish gallons of wort and entry into the competition.