What's your next brew

I should do something this weekend, I had to load my last spare keg in the keezer this evening. I'm down to 7 kegs of varying fullness from 18 before Christmas.

Edit: Wait, Monday is a holiday?
Celebrating dead Presidents down here in the Beautiful South.

I should do something this weekend, I had to load my last spare keg in the keezer this evening. I'm down to 7 kegs of varying fullness from 18 before Christmas.

Edit: Wait, Monday is a holiday?
It is Family Day in Ontario on Monday.
Edit: Just looked it up, it is Family Day in Alberta to get being dude!

Recently bottled:
upload_2019-2-18_23-10-3.png

Just brewed and about to be bottled and conditioned:

upload_2019-2-18_23-11-1.png

Just designed and will be brewed this week: - Label to be finished when details finalised.

upload_2019-2-18_23-13-14.png

Next one to be tackled will be an Irish Red - once the yeast arrives.

upload_2019-2-18_23-15-18.png

Well gunna brew me first home made hop beer tomorrow. Sorry @BOB357 "Why Ella" will just have to wait to have her day in the sun.:) I've not looked forward to a brew day like this for awhile I'll use a mash bag to contain me hop cones that way they won't end up in the pump and the fermentor never brewed with whole cones let alone home grown cones. How's me hoppidge rates look? Any tweaks your recon over night...? I got the kettle filled ready to go.first thing in the morn:p.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/782717/cascade-homegrown
20190222_181015.jpg

Well gunna brew me first home made hop beer tomorrow. Sorry @BOB357 "Why Ella" will just have to wait to have her day in the sun.:) I've not looked forward to a brew day like this for awhile I'll use a mash bag to contain me hop cones that way they won't end up in the pump and the fermentor never brewed with whole cones let alone home grown cones. How's me hoppidge rates look? Any tweaks your recon over night...? I got the kettle filled ready to go.first thing in the morn:p.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/782717/cascade-homegrownView attachment 5295

Sounds good.
I tried a brew using locally garden grown hops - I had to guess what the AA value would be and the amounts of hops to use. I GOT IT HOPLESSLY WRONG!!!! (PUN INTENDED!) I made a trial "tea" out of the hops and Blech!... all the moisture was sucked from my body... I have since reduced the values in the recipe and adjusted the AA values. The barrel of beer is destined for the drain - they need cleaning anyway...

I have 2 sets of grain waiting 1 is a 10gal batch of Irish red the other is a Pliny clone I picked up for cheap, I've also got some LME floating around so i could do a simple pale ale. still need to give my new 20 Gal Pot and 10 gal Conical its first run.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/782717/cascade-homegrownView attachment 5295
Looks good! Good recipe to balance the hops out. Remember to taste test before you get carried away with dry hop. As said the AA's are a guessing game. I prefer loose hops with my drain just off the bottom of the kettle with a SS scrubber pad stuffed under it they form a filter mat that keeps most of the trub in the kettle draining very slowly into fermenter.;)
Keep us posted!

Hop schedule looks good. Surprised you didn't do a wet hop beer with your first crop. I can wait for Ella. Got enough hops to get me through till next season. Will be trying some newer varieties then. Wife retiring after this year, so brewing budget will be cut a bit. Will be buying last years hops when this years is released.

Probably be doing a Redhook Long Hammer IPA clone next. That's the beer I cut my IPA teeth on. Still enjoy it when I can find it.

Probably be doing a Redhook Long Hammer IPA clone next. That's the beer I cut my IPA teeth on. Still enjoy it when I can find it.
What’s the flavor profile of the Long Hammer Bob? Always looking for a good IPA to buy/brew.

Probably do a low ABV Irish red 42L batch this weekend in prep for my beer league hockey tournament in March. Couple kegs and the jockey box should be a good time.

what’s the flavor profile of the Long Hammer Bob? Always looking for a good IPA to buy/brew.

Flavor Profile
Aroma: Tangerine, Grapefruit, and Pine
Flavor: Mild Bitterness, Citrus and Pine Character
Finish: Clean Finish and Slight Citrus Linger
Ingredients and Specifications
Malt: Pale, Crystal
Hops: Cascade
Original Gravity: 13.7º
Finishing Gravity: 2.1º
ABV: 6.2%
IBU: 44

Knocked out a NEIPA yesterday, tomorrow brewing a standard us lager (using American Grown Barley and Rice Flakes).

Back