IPA hop schedule

Iliff Avenue Brewhouse

Trial Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Bittering to 65 IBUs mostly from one bittering addition with bravo. No whirlpool/hopstand. Malt bill is already finalized.

4 oz Ekuanot
2 oz Comet
2 oz Simcoe
2 oz Centennial
1 oz Amarillo

Hop schedule ideas? Go!

Original Plan:
2 oz Ekuanot, 1 oz Comet, 1 oz Centennial - 2 minutes remaining
2 oz Ekuanot, 2 oz Simcoe, 1 oz Comet, 1 oz Centennial, 1 oz Amarillo - Dry hop

I'm going to suggest that you post this just once, either here or in the brewing discussions...it'll get confusing to have the same thread in two different places.

If I could delete it I would. Already asked an admin to delete both

I do like seeing Comet in that hop bill! :D I forgot it even existed. Makes me want to go get some right now lol.

If you delete a post without any responses, you'll be able to delete the thread, I think. Do it on the other one since you have responses here. ;)

Last edited:
If you delete a post without any responses, you'll be able to delete the thread, I think. Do it on the other one since you have responses here. ;)

It won’t let me delete it. Probably because it’s first?

I was thinking you could, but maybe not. No matter... @Yooper will probably delete the un-responded duplicate. No harm done either way. Just easier for you to keep up with responses and suggestions. :)

I didn't have a lot to offer on this one...A number of brewers here seem to use the Eukanot but I haven't used it. Or the Comet, either for that matter. Based on what you have laid out, I bet it'll be a nice brew. What's your grain bill, btw?

I didn't have a lot to offer on this one...A number of brewers here seem to use the Eukanot but I haven't used it. Or the Comet, either for that matter. Based on what you have laid out, I bet it'll be a nice brew. What's your grain bill, btw?

Basically a west coast/ne ipa hybrid. Something like:
58% pilsner
21% wheat
15% flaked oats
3% caramunuch iii
3% table sugar

West coast water and bitterness
Imperial dry hop yeast

Will probably just keep the dry hop addition something like this since I don't have much of any single hop variety.
2 oz Ekuanot
2 oz Comet
2 oz Simcoe
1 oz Centennial
1 oz Amarillo

I've done Simcoe, Centennial and Amarillo in good quantity for dry hoping and it's a hard combo to beat. Given the dense flavor and aroma and earthiness that seems to be associated with both the other hops, I'd say you'll be very satisfied. ;)

This beer has been on tap for a couple of days now and is still a bit green but I think will be very good. I ended up with an extra ounce for dry hop and it was slightly different than originally intended due to what I had on hand.

I was a little disappointed in the amount of attenuation I got from trying a new yeast strain but that's okay. It's pretty much a west coast/NE IPA hybrid but looks just like a NE IPA right now. I harvested the Dry Hop yeast to use in a blonde ale which should be interesting. Right off the bat I think I prefer this yeast over Juice for IPA.

Reactions: J A
This beer has been on tap for a couple of days now and is still a bit green but I think will be very good. I ended up with an extra ounce for dry hop and it was slightly different than originally intended due to what I had on hand.

I was a little disappointed in the amount of attenuation I got from trying a new yeast strain but that's okay. It's pretty much a west coast/NE IPA hybrid but looks just like a NE IPA right now. I harvested the Dry Hop yeast to use in a blonde ale which should be interesting. Right off the bat I think I prefer this yeast over Juice for IPA.
And what yeast is it? I recon that hop combo looks mighty tasty! Strange it's not drinking well right from the get go this time next week it should of rounded out and carbed up just nicely.

And what yeast is it? I recon that hop combo looks mighty tasty! Strange it's not drinking well right from the get go this time next week it should of rounded out and carbed up just nicely.

Imperial A24 Dry hop. Apparently it’s a blend of conan and wlp644

Last edited:

Back