Recipe creation: Adding Inventory items not working

Muilpeer

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm very exited about the development and new features that Brewer's Friend is offering but today I ran into a little problem:
  1. Create new recipe
  2. Click Fermentables > Inventory > Select any fermentable from my inventory
  3. The selected fermentable is not properly loaded into the fermentables list. Only the weight (grams) is shown but all other fields (select fermentable dropdown, PPG, EBC & OG) are empty.
This currently breaks my recipe creation routine.

Hi there,

I'm very exited about the development and new features that Brewer's Friend is offering but today I ran into a little problem:
  1. Create new recipe
  2. Click Fermentables > Inventory > Select any fermentable from my inventory
  3. The selected fermentable is not properly loaded into the fermentables list. Only the weight (grams) is shown but all other fields (select fermentable dropdown, PPG, EBC & OG) are empty.
This currently breaks my recipe creation routine.

This should work now. There was a dropdown option issue. Let me know.

I'm experiencing the same issue but on on the hop side. I have my hops entered with their associated AA; recipe builder isn't giving me the option of using them.
secondly, i provided specs on a new bootleg biology NEEPAH yeast. Yooper added a few days ago is now not showing in the drop down

thanks

Last edited:
I tried again today and the probleem seems to be fixed for me!

I tried again today and the probleem seems to be fixed for me!

Might be worth trying again! To see if OG, FG and ABV are updating. For me a new recipe in the editor is only calculating for the first fermentable.

Might be worth trying again! To see if OG, FG and ABV are updating. For me a new recipe in the editor is only calculating for the first fermentable.
Thanks for the heads up. Just tried again and it's properly calculating for all fermentables in my case.

odd.jpg

Well mine isn't working as it should... In this case above I put all fermentable weights to 0.

try again when you have a chance and let me know

Well... No... Yes sort of!

I just started a new recipe and added 3kg of Golden Promise from the standard fermentables. That updated the bar with OG, FG, ABV ect.

Then I added 3kg of Mild Ale Malt from my inventory. This didn't update the values and the % box below the weight box was blank. Changing the weight to other amounts still didn't update the values.

Then I thought... Perhaps saving the recipe might do something! I gave the recipe a name, chose a style and sub category, then saved. Alas no values updated... However, I went to my dashboard and opened the recipe... This time the values were updated and had the proper percentage... and I could change the weight with everything working properly.

Wait... I added another malt from my inventory... You guessed it... No updates of values and no percentage.

I need a beer... :p

Back