What's your next brew

Boil-off is variable.... Meanwhile back on topic, Piwo Grodziskie is perking away, next up is a soured German wheat ale, Kottbusser. Look out Grimm Brothers, we are coming for you....
Soured with lactobacillus or with sour malt/lactic acid?

My next brew at this stage is a big ? Im ahead of my pipeline got a pils in fermentation crunks helles conditioning and 1 hoppy pale and a IPA on tap so sounds like something that will be fine just sitting around some more a lager of some description maybe a fest or Oktoberfest marzen bier? Throw me your best fest or marzen recipe and ill get ingredients and brew her up or if youve got a better ideah let me know...:)?

Soured with lactobacillus or with sour malt/lactic acid?

My next brew at this stage is a big ? Im ahead of my pipeline got a pils in fermentation crunks helles conditioning and 1 hoppy pale and a IPA on tap so sounds like something that will be fine just sitting around some more a lager of some description maybe a fest or Oktoberfest marzen bier? Throw me your best fest or marzen recipe and ill get ingredients and brew her up or if youve got a better ideah let me know...:)?
Using Lactobacillus Brevis in this one, pitched with the Saccaromyces. Here's my Maerzen:

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/474887/anno-2017-mrzen

Loosely modeled on Kloster Weltenberger's "Anno 1050", two gold medals in competition last year. But it's a true Maerzen - brew in March, serve in September. It'll be good enough with the lagering time shortened.

Using Lactobacillus Brevis in this one, pitched with the Saccaromyces. Here's my Maerzen:

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/474887/anno-2017-mrzen

Loosely modeled on Kloster Weltenberger's "Anno 1050", two gold medals in competition last year. But it's a true Maerzen - brew in March, serve in September. It'll be good enough with the lagering time shortened.
Cheerz Nosey will give it a try. Will try and find Munich Dark locally will stick to your mash steps and try and stick close to your water im guessing is eventually around 80ppm chloride 40 ish sulphate after calcium addition? Ill probably cook her up with 34/70. Ive got me some tettnanger in freezer atm so i can see this happening soon:).

Cheerz Nosey will give it a try. Will try and find Munich Dark locally will stick to your mash steps and try and stick close to your water im guessing is eventually around 80ppm chloride 40 ish sulphate after calcium addition? Ill probably cook her up with 34/70. Ive got me some tettnanger in freezer atm so i can see this happening soon:).
The amount of salts to add depends on your water. My water is based on the Aurora, Colorado profile shared on this site. I've had good luck with it.

The amount of salts to add depends on your water. My water is based on the Aurora, Colorado profile shared on this site. I've had good luck with it.
Sorry to get so hung up on the water Nosey but im trying to get close to what you actually brewed with:rolleyes:. So if i load in your water profile and add 8g of calcium chloride to it (its in your water notes in the recipe). It gives me the below salt concentrations is this close to your calcium and chloride amounts?
Screenshot_20180823-183035_Samsung Internet.jpg

Ok so if i adjust my salts to try and mach your water including the 8g calcium chloride addition to your water i get the below profile. Thats using 6g calcium chloride and 1.5g calcium sulphate to match up.
Screenshot_20180823-183306_Samsung Internet.jpg

Go with your calculations. BTW, my notes call for 2g Calcium sulfate and 4g of calcium chloride. And where that Iceland water profile came from I have no idea, I'm here at the foot of the Rocky Mountains!

In the midst of brewing a Pale Ale right now and had planned on another brew early next week. Wife kicked her cider keg last night, so guess I'll be doing a Mango Habanero Cider instead. The sacrifices I make for that woman :)

You should post that recipe so I can steal it.

You should post that recipe so I can steal it.

If you meant my Cascade Pale Ale, here ae the basics:

5.5 gallon batch size, 5 gallons into a keg.
78.5% mash efficiency, 72% BH efficiency.
89.7% Crisp MO
10.3% German Vienna
18g Chinook 12.7%AA@60
14g Cascade 6.9%AAA@30
14g Cascade 6.9%AAA@15
14g Cascade 6.9%AAA@5
Mash with 4gal.@152 for 60 minutes
Drain and batch sparge with remainder of water to achieve your needed boil volume
Cool to 65F, aerate and pitch .8L starter from 11 grams of rehydrated Danstar Nottingham.
Ferment@65 to 68F until FG is reaches and allow another 5 days before packaging.
Carbonate to 2.5 volume@37F.

Estimates: OG - 1.048
FG - 1.010
ABV - 4.7%
IBUs - 39.6
SRM - 4.5

NOpe, I meant the cider. Though that looks good too.

Doing up the Kottbusser this afternoon...

A local grower just got his hops back from the pelletizer. Hazy APA with a Cascade load on the back end. Not sure the AA's, but it won't matter.

Have some 34/70 that needs to be used. Thinking a twist on a Pre-Prohibition Lager. 90% 2 row, 10% Vienna, bittered with Gr. Magnum and a firm Cascade flavor addition at 15. Looking for an OG of 1.048 and about 32 IBUs. Should come in around 5.4% ABV.

Sounds tasty. You shuld share the recipe so I can steal it.

Oatmeal stout. Haven't done one in a while.

Besides, my lagering fridge is tot. Kaput. Dead.

A stout sounds great right now!

I’m brewing a CDA tomorrow. The hops better come through stronger than last winters batch. I made changes to the recipe that should take care of that.

Next up a test batch of English Old Ale with 200 grams of Lyle's Black Treackle. Maris Otter base, Light Munich, Caramel 150, torrefied wheat and Black malts. Challenger, Fuggles and Endeavour hops for good measure. Aiming for 6.2% ABV and will call it "the little outlaw".

Kolcsh for me just finalizing recipe will probably brew this weekend. Looking forward to this one havnt brewed one of these for over a year

Back