Portable beer tap

OkanaganMike

Trial Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever try one these? How'd it workout? I'm entering a local homebrewer competition and taking at least one keg, hopefully 2 to dispense from at the meet. Trying to decide if I want to build some kind of cooler/stand with actual taps (borrowed from the kegerator) or just throw the kegs in a container with ice and dispense via picnic tap.
BeerTap.jpg

Attachments

• BeerTap.jpg
    BeerTap.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
I have one, turn the pressure way down it foams otherwise

Picnic Tap with 6" foot of hose and 6-8lbs of pressure work great for me

Local brew comp i went to recently had wheelie bin ( not sure of American equivalent but pretty much as name suggests a bin on wheelz) with corny keg ect ect in filled with ice and tap out front worked a treat.

I've used both the keg top tap and the picnic tap hose. Both work very well. The picnic tap is cheaper but the keg top works easier and seems a little more "professional" looking. Definitely turn the pressure down on the keg top. Just enough to push it out of the keg...maybe 1.5 lbs.

Thanks guys. Seems most just use a keg in a bin of ice and picnic taps at past comps there. This is my first and would love to hit it with something that looks more than bush league stuff without breaking the budget.

Back