HELP WANTED!

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
We are looking for writers to help us with writing fresh content for our blog. Our topics are wide and varied, and we'd love to have subjects that range from beginner and intermediate techniques to advanced brewing and scientific brewing articles.

We can offer you a free year of membership in Brewer's Friend for accepted articles, as well as allowing a link to your site/blog/brewery/facebook along with the article.

In addition, you'd get my lifelong appreciation. :)

If you're NOT a writer, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you'd like to read about. Do you want more information on refractometers? Sanke kegs? Kombucha? HERMS vs RIMS? Let us know what you are dying to learn more about, so we can direct our content to you.

Our site is here to serve YOU, our Brewer's Friend family, and we want to make it the best resource for brewers that we can.

Feel free to reach out to me here on the forum anytime.

Thank you so much!

I'd love to be involved, but not sure what topics i could contribute too. At the very least, i could help proofread the articles

Thank you for the volunteering! I'm not sure yet how this will work, but I am sure I can use the help.

We are looking for writers to help us with writing fresh content for our blog. Our topics are wide and varied, and we'd love to have subjects that range from beginner and intermediate techniques to advanced brewing and scientific brewing articles.

We can offer you a free year of membership in Brewer's Friend for accepted articles, as well as allowing a link to your site/blog/brewery/facebook along with the article.

If you're NOT a writer, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you'd like to read about. Do you want more information on refractometers? Sanke kegs? Kombucha? HERMS vs RIMS? Let us know what you are dying to learn more about, so we can direct our content to you.

Our site is here to serve YOU, our Brewer's Friend family, and we want to make it the best resource for brewers that we can.

Thank you so much!
I would also like to help out in any way I can!

all things PH meters would be good topic comparing different brands or cheep ones to exy ones. including calibration techniques.

electric brewery makeover like nosey recently did. or comparing differnt electric brew rigs.

2 topics i recon my be interesting.

Thank you so much!
Count me in as well. Let me know what you need.

I would like to contribute as well. In the past I have written user manuals and done some editing and research. I'm retired and have lots of spare time and would be willing to research and compile information and possibly even write an article on most any brewing related subject.

That sounds awesome all! If you have a particular topic you'd love to write about, let me know and we'll put together some ideas on what we can use and what we are looking for.

In the meantime, I'll gather some topics up that are requested here and see what we can come up with!

I'll happily help where I can, but I'm a pretty low word count writer so that may not be the best place for me.

Probably an extensive list of topics targeting some level of experience and competency might be a place to start and willing members could pick from those topics.

I just started brewing last December with a PicoBrew and graduated to all grain BIAB 5 weeks ago... In spite of myself I have made some very drinkable beers even with the mistakes I've made and I learned all of it from reading content on sites just like this and watching videos.

I've been designing and building desktop and web based software for 20+ years... I kicked in my $ for a premium membership because I found value in the software after using it for a few recipes and I know the many hundreds of developer hours it takes to accomplish.

I rarely post anything in a forum because there is always some snob that feels he has to 1 up everyone... here even though the crowd is small I found everyone more than willing to help and offer useful information.

what about a hops article all about getting the most out of hops from FWH to whirlpool hopstand and on into dry hopping. when to add how much and at what temperatures.

ive herd some interesting talk lately of dry hopping at cold temps.

an indepth article from an expierenced brewer on this topic im sure would pique some interest:).

I think a lot of “new” brewers get intimidated and overwhelmed with homebrewing. Speaking for me, when I decided to get into home brewing, I was worried that if I don’t read “How to Brew” (John Palmer), and need to make water adjustments and buy a Ph meter and purchase a temp controller for fermentation that I’m just wasting my time and the beer won’t be worth drinking unless you do all those things. One aspect missing, at least in a prominent format, is the emphasis on RDWHAHB (relax, don’t worry, have a home brew), where you really don’t need all that to make a good beer, and that by missing your (OG) Original Gravity, or your fermentation temp is a few degrees off of the recommended target temp doesn’t mean your beer won’t be great tasting.

I think this forum represents a great cross section of homebrewers and their respective approaches to making homebrew. Some of us go to the Nth degree to make our beloved beverage, whereas others (me), take a less detailed approach and just focus on following a recipe. What I’m getting at is that homebrewing isn’t a narrow/ thou shalt do it this way or else, rather there’s an approach for all levels based on available time, space, finances, equipment or even simplicity and that Brewers Friend caters to all walks/levels of homebrewers and is a “judgement free” place to learn and share.

Bottom line, I think we can exploit how easy or how complicated homebrew can be as a hobby and that you’ll still make beer that you can enjoy and be proud of.

I’m not a writer, and am impressed with those who can, so maybe someone can take this and turn it into a good article for the blog.

Edit: I think the article could also expand on whether you do Extract, BIAB, or All Grain, or whether you use Spring Water (me) or go with RO (reverse osmosis) and add brewing salts, you’ll still make good beer, it just depends on YOU and what YOU want. Regardless, the approach should be a choice, not necessarily a progression.

Last edited:
I think a good topic would be how to write a good recipe, beyond getting the green check mark. Appropriate malt and hops usage, things like that.
Bingo!

I can write an article or two for you, would anyone be interested in something like the difference between Pro and Homebrewing? Or storage recommendations for ingredients for those of us who live a ways from a Homebrew store?

Definitely!

All of the subjects mentioned sound great to me. I teased someone a while back (Mase? I think) about not reading a rather lengthy article series on brewing water I wrote. So the reason I asked is two fold. One, to find out what would make our newsletter and blog more interesting and readable to you guys. We write it so that YOU will find it helpful. The second reason I asked is to help obtain those interesting articles!

I know that we have a talented group here with knowledge and experience and if you are interested in submitting an article, I'd love to hear about it.

Definitely!

All of the subjects mentioned sound great to me. I teased someone a while back (Mase? I think) about not reading a rather lengthy article series on brewing water I wrote. So the reason I asked is two fold. One, to find out what would make our newsletter and blog more interesting and readable to you guys. We write it so that YOU will find it helpful. The second reason I asked is to help obtain those interesting articles!

I know that we have a talented group here with knowledge and experience and if you are interested in submitting an article, I'd love to hear about it.
It was me Yooper... although I have the time and resources, I’m fine with where I’m at (Bottled Spring water) as our beers have tasted great to us and our friends, but I was curious to pH as my pH strips were showing 4.8 and that generated a digressed discussion about pH meters and water adjustments. But again, IMO, Brewer’s Friend should want to cater to all levels and desired depths of brewing to attract a wider audience. And an article that helps a new brewer to understand that homebrewing can be as easy or as complicated as you want it to be and you can still make good/great beer.

I’ve been tempted to put up a poll in the forum about “How do you Brew” just to see the diversity of brewers approaches and techniques, because I’m pretty sure we will see a wide range of content brewers ranging from Mr. Beer kits, to Low Oxygen Brewing and everywhere in between.

Back