Doppelbock?

looks alright to me i wouldnt use sazz as my noble but maybe a tettnang or pearl or even a hallertau mittlefruh or tradition id keep sazz to the lighter lager style but see what other think that just my 2c.

i just did a amber lager around that colour check it out in the I brewed today thread i double decocted yourse will be a little lighter though i used 50g of choc malt 3 kg vienna 200g carramunich 2 and 200g special b .
try some 34/70 yeast next brew if your interested its a bomb proof lager strain.
look forward to updates.

Reactions: J A
Looks fine. Trialben makes a good point about the Saaz. It's not a bad choice and the spiciness can keep some of the sweetness in balance, but Tett or Mittlefruh will lend a floral quality that might sit nicely with the big malt.
Brew on! :)

I've also been formatting a doppelbock recipe, I notice a few out there that use both Weyermann Munich Type 1 and Type 2, (5L and 10L). I guess it adds depth?

I would but I only have Saaz so that's what is going in.

I would but I only have Saaz so that's what is going in.
in the end your hops arnt taking centre stage in this brew as its more a malty full bodied brew youll be doing well to notice its floral notes me thinks itll be malty caramelly sweet with a hint of floral Sazz.

Turns out I lied, I had some Northern Brewer and Perle (1oz each) that I forgot about. So I can use a more appropriate hop. I'm looking forward to this bad boy.

Back