Zombie dust

Is this a good beer?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
The very first recipe I found here was a Fat Tire clone. It was awful! It wasn’t balanced, but I never looked at the recipe, I followed my friend’s lead who told me about this forum. There were way too few hops in it, and I think not enough malt either. No green check mark. Another friend said it tasted like hot dog water. I’ve been pleased with most of the recipes I’ve tried here, but the vast majority of what I brew are my own.
Nice, ive tried a cpl of my own, a brown ale and a red rye ale, both turned out good and wldnt have faired well without this site and the lil green check ;)

This 2nd dust will be my first kegging and looking forward to drinking beer sooner and no bottling and waiting lol

For 20 years, I swore I’d never keg. I’m glad I changed my mind a couple years ago.

I made a fat tire clone the other day for a friend, I personalyl didn't like it but it's his problem now.

I can't imagine not kegging. It's probably the only reason I'm still doing this.

Yep gotta freezer for a keezer and looking at 3-4 kegs mb. So do i need a simple 3 way manifold or regulate each line?

Up to you really, I have a dual regulator and a 4 way manifold. I run serving pressure through the 4-way and the initial carbonation (35PSI for a day or so) through the other line.

Edit: This is my rig

LYMmN7T.jpg

Up to you really, I have a dual regulator and a 4 way manifold. I run serving pressure through the 4-way and the initial carbonation (35PSI for a day or so) through the other line.

Edit: This is my rig

LYMmN7T.jpg
Thats exactly what i need nice setup....do you have to have a certain length of serving line?

I used 10' serving lines. Kind of annoying when moving kegs around but give me a lot more forgiveness with pressure adjustments.

I used 10' serving lines. Kind of annoying when moving kegs around but give me a lot more forgiveness with pressure adjustments.
Ok makes sense...i noticed extra in there.
Doesnt seem to difficult, hopefully my supply store has a temp controller

There is math to the length and inner diameter of the serving lines. I use 4’ lengths of the smaller line. Works well in my application.

Yeah, it kind of depends, I could probably get away with shorter ones but decided to play it safe.

I'll interject with a dumb question...what does the use of the first 0.75oz of hops mean by First Wort? is that added prior to the boil at a lower temperature?

First wort is literally putting the hops in as you put wort in. It gives about 10% more IBU from what I can find. It's exactly putting the hops in before you boil. I've just tossed them in the empty kettle and then poured wort on them.

Ok 2nd dust is behaving a lil different...got 1.06 and been 4 days, activity is minimal and it reads 1.014 so shld i wail cpl fays check again or mb jus repitch with some yeast i collected off the 1st batch?

According to the recipe its better than done jus seems a lil high idk

Ok 2nd dust is behaving a lil different...got 1.06 and been 4 days, activity is minimal and it reads 1.014 so shld i wail cpl fays check again or mb jus repitch with some yeast i collected off the 1st batch?
id it is a hop forward beer with a dry hop or two additions the longer your hold it from these the more lilely of obtaining some grass flavours. drink your hoppy beer young your lagers not so much.

I think you may have been sampling your own product a little hard when you wrote that Ben.

Back