Weiss beer water profile?

Medarius

Trial Member
Reaction score
Greeting all,
Have spent the last 2 hours searching and reading about water profiles and additions.
I am planning on using R/O water for next batch of weiss beer and am having trouble finding a target profile for hefe/ weiss beers. I have seen alot for pilsners and stouts but not one that gives a good starting point for what I am looking for.

Does anyone have any links to page(s) that has starting levels, not calculators, but somewhere with a list of target starting values to make a good sweet hefe/ weiss. I have seen all the munich, dortmund profiles but these are for pilsners and krystals. Before you say it brunwater doesn't get along with my old Mac, so I cant use that one.

Thanks in advance

Greeting all,
Have spent the last 2 hours searching and reading about water profiles and additions.
I am planning on using R/O water for next batch of weiss beer and am having trouble finding a target profile for hefe/ weiss beers. I have seen alot for pilsners and stouts but not one that gives a good starting point for what I am looking for.

Does anyone have any links to page(s) that has starting levels, not calculators, but somewhere with a list of target starting values to make a good sweet hefe/ weiss. I have seen all the munich, dortmund profiles but these are for pilsners and krystals. Before you say it brunwater doesn't get along with my old Mac, so I cant use that one.

Thanks in advance
The target RA is likely linked to your beer's color. The pale malts in a Weissbier will likely mean you're using either salts or acids to bring the mash pH down into the 5.2 - 5.6 range. So here's what you do: Use the values for a Pilsner, assuming it's an all Pilsner recipe (no Vienna or so forth). The Weissbier will be a little more pale but not enough to screw things up too badly.

The target RA is likely linked to your beer's color. The pale malts in a Weissbier will likely mean you're using either salts or acids to bring the mash pH down into the 5.2 - 5.6 range. So here's what you do: Use the values for a Pilsner, assuming it's an all Pilsner recipe (no Vienna or so forth). The Weissbier will be a little more pale but not enough to screw things up too badly.

Appreciated advice, however i don't put pilsner in my weizen . :)) I use 2 row (rahr, wyerman, depending on what my local has on hand) or
Recipe for this next batch is
Hefe w/Carahell - All Grain Weissbier Homebrew Beer Recipe - Brewer's Friend

Appreciated advice, however i don't put pilsner in my weizen . :)) I use 2 row (rahr, wyerman, depending on what my local has on hand) or
Recipe for this next batch is
Hefe w/Carahell - All Grain Weissbier Homebrew Beer Recipe - Brewer's Friend
Okay. Basically what I was saying is that if you have a profile for an all-Pilsner grist, you could use it for a Weissbier and get good results. I looked at your recipe. For a Weizen, I'd use more chloride and less sulfate than OMB recommended. Are you measuring your mash pH, because that's what you're trying to manage with your water.

Back