How do you clean your beer glasses people!

It seems the conseses is a good rinse in either hot or warm water after washing.

And you recon a cold rinse before drinking.

Well i do pour a glass full of cold water drink this then pour my beer in so maybe there is something to this.

Draught Works in Missoula MT has countertop glass rinsers or wetters you could call them. You push the glass, upside down onto the base to rinse the glass or growler. They rinse every glass they serve claiming the beer pours with less foaming.
Has anyone else seen this type of rinser in a taproom?

Edit: water in western MT is plentiful so really not an issue of water conservation.
It does return into the aquifer eventually. :p

Last edited:
I have a collection of beer glasses and i mean like 40 so I have a bad habit of leaving beer glasses laying around 4 or 5 sometimes so even rinsed they get pretty gunky but to the rescue is my new heated dishwasher with a garbage disposal that does an amazing job and so clean after it’s like a newly bought glass and I have the opposite effect, my glasses foam like crazy the first draw even if the tap is cold but the second if fine, not sure why

my glasses foam like crazy the first draw even if the tap is cold but the second if fine, not sure why
I always get more foaming on the first pour from any keg with any glass. I've always assumed that it's the beer in the lines losing suspended CO2.

I have a collection of beer glasses and i mean like 40 so I have a bad habit of leaving beer glasses laying around 4 or 5 sometimes so even rinsed they get pretty gunky but to the rescue is my new heated dishwasher with a garbage disposal that does an amazing job and so clean after it’s like a newly bought glass and I have the opposite effect, my glasses foam like crazy the first draw even if the tap is cold but the second if fine, not sure why
I've noticed some of your beers You've posted have like a 4 finger head! Not a bad thing by any means just ask the Germans :).

I always get more foaming on the first pour from any keg with any glass. I've always assumed that it's the beer in the lines losing suspended CO2.
Same here ive got a font so I've been thinking maybe the end of the beer line may be a degree or two warmer. Nothing like having a good session to make sure taps are pouring right eh;).

Reactions: J A
We have the same issue. First pour fairly foamy and second is fine.

Yeah, the first-pour issue isn't glass-related in my experience. When I pour a pint for me and someone else, I'll take the first one because the second in an identically washed glass is a better pour.

First pour foams more than the second (immediate follow) pour for me. I attribute it to warmer beer in the line for the first ounce or two. Second pour was just in the bottom of the keg, where it’s nice and cold.

I've noticed some of your beers You've posted have like a 4 finger head! Not a bad thing by any means just ask the Germans :).
Germans take three minutes to pour a Pils (if you get one from a proper Kneipe). You then need a chisel to get through the head to get to the beer. The procedure is pour, let settle. Top up, let settle. Top up again, make sure the liquid is exactly at the volume line, serve.

You wash your coffee mug? I thought the brown stuff was just punching up the caffeine.

You wash your coffee mug? I thought the brown stuff was just punching up the caffeine.
Exta flavour for the next brew like rinsing the fermentor:p!

Thats a good thread drift show us your favourite beer glass since @Ozarks Mountain Brew has got 40 hes gotta have some beautys tucked away there.

Ill go first my latest glass from Christmas the wiehenstephan beer glass sorry no beer in it.

Attachments

• 20180127_205414.jpg
    20180127_205414.jpg
    568.2 KB · Views: 120
Exta flavour for the next brew like rinsing the fermentor:p!

Thats a good thread drift show us your favourite beer glass since @Ozarks Mountain Brew has got 40 hes gotta have some beautys tucked away there.

Ill go first my latest glass from Christmas the wiehenstephan beer glass sorry no beer in it.
I scored this freebie while at the distributors last week for 12 pack of “Wolf Pup”

Attachments

• 4AF674F6-3515-4EED-854D-1243C97EAFCE.jpeg
    4AF674F6-3515-4EED-854D-1243C97EAFCE.jpeg
    534.7 KB · Views: 138

Back