Changing yeasts is not changing FG

edgarmsmith

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm playing with a recipe and changing the yeasts, but nothing is changing from the parent recipe. I feel like the FG usually changes when I substitute different yeasts. Anyone else having issues?

The default is often set to 75%.

Also, if at any point you checked the "custom attenuation" box, then that will override any changes in yeast.

Second this I customise all my yeast attenuation to around 80% that reflects what I'm getting on average across the board. With some yeasts a an exception.

Mash temps will also have an effect on FG , I step mash my clone coopers to get the FG right down .
What are you aiming for with your recipe ?

It seems like there is a technical glitch. I have seen at least one other complain.

it will only change if the attenuation is different, some yeast have the same %, to check this use the custom form and change the %, it should change

There was a glitch- we have it corrected now. Please again, and let me know if there are any further issues!

Thank you.

There was a glitch- we have it corrected now. Please again, and let me know if there are any further issues!

Thank you.

Is this glitch still there? I have tried adding custom attenuation and it remains the same no matter what yeast I choose.

Back