Can beer affect my teeth?

stephanie_munger

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am here to seek help for a random topic.
I am planning to have a root canal treatment from an emergency dentist in Calgary next month. I have an infected tooth and have cavities too. The dentist asked me to have the root canal done at the earliest in order to avoid the complications.
I am addicted to beer and I doubt whether it will affect my dental health. How long should I wait after the dental procedures to start using alcohol again? I am confused. Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.

My boss has just had his tooth ripped out and has an infected gum but we sink a few coldies on the way home after work and it seems to help he thinkso_O. I recon something stronger like in the spirit department may actually work in your favour disinfecting everything but that my just be a myth :).

Sometimes it's good to have a reason to lay off the beers for awhile it gives you a new appreciation for it:p. Cheers good luck!

I'd probably hold off at least for a little while until it's healed. Alcohol thins your blood so it could actually make the healing process longer and potentially open up the wound again. But definitely something to talk to your dentist about.

Don't use antibiotics and alcohol together. It isn't worth it.

Yep I found that out the hard way:oops:.
My I ask what happened?
I have always heard antibiotics + alcohol = bad, but other than alcohol weakening your immune system (which the antibiotics are supposed to be strengthening), I have never really found out why...
I even read through the leaflet for (only one particular type of) an antibiotic, and it didn't say anything about "don't take this with alcohol", and that is generally somewhere to read with lots of different types of medication.

Am I the only one who thinks the purpose of this thread is to advertise? I find it strange that the OP includes a link to a dental center.

Hey, I am here to seek help for a random topic.
I am planning to have a root canal treatment from an emergency dentist in Calgary next month. I have an infected tooth and have cavities too. The dentist asked me to have the root canal done at the earliest in order to avoid the complications.
I am addicted to beer and I doubt whether it will affect my dental health. How long should I wait after the dental procedures to start using alcohol again? I am confused. Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
It's not a simple question and i'd ask my dentist rather than a beer forum. My guess, the simple carbs in beer could feed bacteria and the acid in it could weaken enamel. The silicate in beer could strengthen them. No simple answer, ask the expert.

No worries, nosy. That member hasn't been here since the day he posted. It's just spam, cleverly disguised as a beer question so it stays in this forum forever.

My I ask what happened?
I have always heard antibiotics + alcohol = bad, but other than alcohol weakening your immune system (which the antibiotics are supposed to be strengthening), I have never really found out why...
I even read through the leaflet for (only one particular type of) an antibiotic, and it didn't say anything about "don't take this with alcohol", and that is generally somewhere to read with lots of different types of medication.
Well it lead me to being capsicum sprayed as close distance and arrested for my drunken troubles:eek: that's why I learnt the hard way not a good mix I sorta blacked out:eek:o_O...

Ain't much of anything worse than waking up in jail at the dwindling tail end of a capsicum buzz and not really enjoying it. Well maybe. Ever wake up at Xmas mass and realize you are the only one naked and don't know where your cider jug is?

I thought I was the only pirate around here ......growing up in the bush the cops had a sense of humour , more than once they'd hose me off early on a Saturday morning and drop me off at football

Wasn't that different when I was growing up in rural Western Kentucky. The cops had a sense of humor back then. No more, though.

Served a local cop with beer all through high school. Every Saturday night. When he could catch sight of us. Cheap bastard could have bought his own beer. Never arrested us just took our beer, when he could. We found out of town, out of sight was a good thing.

Back