1st time designing a saison/farmhouse style ale

I think the recipe is still marked as private, I couldn't get to it

It's a secret recipe! :D

Haha oops...I think I made it public. I've been brewing for about a year but never made an original recipe. Hoping to get into it more and join in on the threads. Thanks for checking it out!

It's public now.

Looks pretty good. Wondering why you selected a blonde ale as the style rather than a saison?

Good question....I guess I missed that drop down menu. I just looked at it again and Saison was right there. Still gettin the hang of things.

Looks like it should work fine. Keep in mind that if you like it, a light malt base like that would accept some fruit well. Cheers!

Looks like it should work fine. Keep in mind that if you like it, a light malt base like that would accept some fruit well. Cheers!

Thanks for the heads up! I thought about adding some spices like coriander or peppercorns but kind of wanted the yeast to give it that character.

I totally agree with adding fruits, but.... Definitely try out what you've got first to make sure you really like the hops and yeast you've chosen. And then start introducing variations such as fruit, etc..

I totally agree with adding fruits, but.... Definitely try out what you've got first to make sure you really like the hops and yeast you've chosen. And then start introducing variations such as fruit, etc..

That's what I meant was if you like the outcome of the recipe then use it to exbeeriment.

Back