UK Supplies

Ok..that's gotta mean something! @Steve SPF .. Please enlighten this Yank!

They're Scottish, they do things differently up there :) Interesting name though and it seems that 'loof' in old Scottish is 'palm' so Cross My Loof would be 'cross my palm' which, I guess, is 'cross my palm with silver'

...it's also a place near Glasgow as has been said.

...it's also a place near Glasgow as has been said.
And a place near there sells yeast. And brews beer.
In fact, after British post tore open the Belgian yeast packet, I was still able to collect enough of them tiny little baqlls-o-yeast to make two starters, ending up with the Ukranian Belgian Syla Strength quarterly brew. @AHarper knows the story.

The homebrew store has got to be a tough business. I imagine the business climate in England is even worse than it is here. Hell, I think our taxes and regulation are bad. I can't imagine the UK.
The inexpensive HB store here is in a very bare bones location and has been around for decades. The newer one in Sanford and the one in Tampa have the business along with a brewery/bar. The one in Tampa is a little far, but I may be over that way in a couple months, and I want to stop in and have a beer. The dude had an awesome tap list the last time I visited.

Well retail chain Wilko bit the dust the day after I last went in there 8 days ago. Never seen such a bare homebrew section - I actually came away with zilch. That was the last supplier of homebrew items in my town for now, finally in my 40th year of brewing we now have none so that was a sad day.

B2B are still doing great by be me though. I just discovered there is another supplier down in Derbyshire and unlike the main flaw in the former they do sell hops (pellets) aside from the inclusive kits so am likely to be using them in the not so distant future. Good things still happen :)

I recently brewed a batch of Allsopp’s Pilsner using UK supplies I found right here. The quality ingredients made a real difference in achieving that authentic Allsopps taste. Cheers to brewing perfection!

Back