What are you drinking right now?

Well St. Patty’s day came a touch early. My Irish Ale. This turned out well. Some caramel some roast and can drink more than one.
CECFBB00-3DF1-4B72-8C7F-F4B2F2400776.jpeg
61C71C8C-8931-434B-9306-91604EFC799B.jpeg

Yeah, composites do look great. But, lemme tell ya, they’re slicker than greased monkey snot when there’s a little frost on there. Did my front stoop with it. Wound up getting rotator cuff surgery the following winter after I did a backwards and upside down Superman. Grabbed the railing while still airborne, the results being 3 ruptures of the labrum and torn ligaments. Never mind going down all 9 steps on my keester Didn’t do my lumbar any favors, either. That was a bad morning. And I didn’t have a good beer to wash away some of injuries to my pride. I’m normally sure-footed as a billy goat.

Ouch
That must have hurt!

First beer pour from my keg

IMG_20230317_165029610.jpg

Kölsch-ish

Carbed enough, I think. Could be a bit colder. Reallly working on getting another fridge or freezer operational.
Slight sweetness, little bit fruity but very drinkable. I think it will still change quite a bit in the next week.

I was scared of too much foam with the first pour. Hence the big glass (good excuse hey) and the beer not having good foam

Note to self. Make sure the connectors are a little moist before connecting as you wont get them on bone-dry

First beer pour from my keg

View attachment 24680
Kölsch-ish

Carbed enough, I think. Could be a bit colder. Reallly working on getting another fridge or freezer operational.
Slight sweetness, little bit fruity but very drinkable. I think it will still change quite a bit in the next week.

I was scared of too much foam with the first pour. Hence the big glass (good excuse hey) and the beer not having good foam

Note to self. Make sure the connectors are a little moist before connecting as you wont get them on bone-dry
Looks super tasty

So are all of those picnic taps leaking? I have four and not one leaks at all.
Mine will drip when you turn it upside down, but not technically leak as it will stop. I have very little room at the top of my corny keg, and it would drip if under high pressure before I tightened down the clamps. There was a lot of stuff in that pic, and you need to tighten down step by step.

Yeah they shouldn't drip!

I ran one on a keggerator for a couple of years no drips it just gummed up a bit from beer stone/crud.

Easy way to stop it dripping is disconnect from the keg;).

A little helpful tip the liquid disconnect can gum up a bit from beer around the slieve so a squirt with sanitizer should help.

Edit hope I don't come across too harsh here is a pic of mine disassembled
20230318_145226.jpg

So the beer comes up through the hole on right and this silicone type plunger should just seat back on that opening once tap is released
20230318_145306.jpg

So maybe take the tap apart and check for anything fouling the seal.

It's a pretty simple setup so I can imagine if your running high pressure you just might be able to bypass this plunger

Last edited:

Back