Random Photos.

Check out this BEAUTIFUL bar!
20230317_143212.jpg

And through the side door
20230317_143238.jpg

At a house I was chcecking

Last edited:
Looking good there brother!
Thanks. I so love to ski, it is hard to imagine that I took 11 years off. Honestly, it just got more expensive than I felt it was worth. I have now skied twice for a total of $44 (not counting price of new boots and skis) in the past 2 weeks. Back in SoCal, that wouldn’t cover even half of the price for a single day lift ticket.

Back in SoCal, that wouldn’t cover even half of the price for a single day lift ticket.
And you'd have to ski on sand.

Good thing you left when you did, I heard Irvine got washed into the ocean by the rain.

And you'd have to ski on sand.

Good thing you left when you did, I heard Irvine got washed into the ocean by the rain.
My sources tell me that Irvine remains in its place.
There is a mountain (Saddleback) that stands more than a mile high above Anaheim, Irvine and other cities. It got enough snow recently that some adventurous souls hiked to the top and skied down.

My sources tell me that Irvine remains in its place.
There is a mountain (Saddleback) that stands more than a mile high above Anaheim, Irvine and other cities. It got enough snow recently that some adventurous souls hiked to the top and skied down.
Yeah, just kidding. But Cali has been getting some, er, interesting weather this year. Usually it's pretty boring, particularly So Cal.
I spent a decent amount of time up in Rancho Cucamonga, but we had an office in Irvine (since moved to Long beach) I visited often.
Interesting place, the nice kind of interesting. But traffic to rival any place. .

I grew up in Long Beach, I miss the weather. Not the traffic.
I repaired restaurant and hospital cooking equipment for about 10 years , put many many thousands of miles on Los Angeles and Orange Co freeways. It's funny to travel with others that haven't driven that type of traffic and see how upset or worried at traffic with a much smaller scale.

I certainly don’t miss the traffic, but I do miss the hiking right out the front door. My wife keeps showing pictures of the wildflowers from our old hiking area. We hiked thousands of miles back there through the years.

Moffat Beach
20230323_090717.jpg

Home of Moffat Beach Brewing Co produces some of the best Craft Beer in Aus and they recently expanded their production with a facility on Caloundra Road
20230323_090713.jpg

And looking all the way North to Alexandra Headland beautiful Sunshine Coast!

Me and my bro used to climb up them cliffs as kids (1st photo) F'ing Crazy little bastards we were.

Next around the Headland south from Moffat is Shelly Beach
20230323_111049.jpg

The sand here is heaps of tiny crushed up shells (great for chicken grit:))
20230323_111753.jpg

The tide is high today (around full moon)
When the tides out this rockey ledge is exposed with all these little rock pools and such.

Around that bend south is kings Beach a well know Beach of Clown town Caloundra.

Great snorkling off them rocks too I've seen a few green sea turtles in there and large schools of mullet.

The pines that line this Beach are Norfolk pines named after Norfolk Island off the East coast more south of here
20230323_111054.jpg

Anyhow it's a great Smoko spot:)

A little glimpse for you all of the Lovely Sunshine Coast Southern end anyhow;).

Wow! Beautiful! What a great place to live!

Thankyou was just showing off the natural beauty of the place.

Sometimes I complain to people about little things like not going on holidays they reply why would you when you live here.

Explains why this is one of the fastest growing regions in Aus
When covid hit half of Melbourne moved up here:p
Half surprised Mark Farrall didn't join me here :p (Joking).:)

Just watching 4 elephants drinking at the other side of the river.
Just too far for a decent picture

Back