Home made pizza

IMG_20230204_180252.jpg

Well the dough that I prepped last Friday for the Saturday anniversary party, never made it out of the cooler.
Yesterday I brought it home and dumped 2 into a cast iron skillet, and another onto a thin pizza pan.
I figured it was better to try that to just toss the dough.
Not bad for 5 day old dough.
PXL_20230217_003222534.MP.jpg
PXL_20230217_002841517.jpg
PXL_20230217_002855254.jpg

I also dumped 3 doughs into a bread pan and baked that off, but that's for another thread

There is a pizza shop here in Eugene that uses sourdough for all of their crusts. They make some fine beers, too. The shop is just around the corner from where my wife works. She and I have been enjoying pizza and beer there over the past few weeks. I was inspired to make my own sourdough pizza crust, and it turned out OK, using “hungry” discard. It would have been better had I not overworked the dough. There is another dough in the freezer that I hope to turn into a fine pizza pie soon.

There's a whole lotta sourdough on the west coast from what little I know about there. The first time I had it was some rolls in San Francisco in the late 70s....what was this stuff??!! It would be interesting to see if your starter changes its taste with the new Local flora in the air.

There's a whole lotta sourdough on the west coast from what little I know about there. The first time I had it was some rolls in San Francisco in the late 70s....what was this stuff??!! It would be interesting to see if your starter changes its taste with the new Local flora in the air.
I don’t know that the taste has changed, but it seems my starter is happy and strong now after an Autumn hiccup. When I fed the starter earlier this week, it responded beautifully, and produced another fine round of bread. I enjoyed a toasted slice this morning.

I'm a happy chappy this Evening Ladies and gents it seems one of the only wins I've had of late.

GF sourdough Pizza Bacon,cheese and pineapple
20230224_174234.jpg

And bacon cheese capsicum mushrooms pineapple and salami.
20230224_175735.jpg

Missus and I both said you wouldn't know it's Gluten Free!

Big win:):)

I'm a happy chappy this Evening Ladies and gents it seems one of the only wins I've had of late.

GF sourdough Pizza Bacon,cheese and pineapple View attachment 24352
And bacon cheese capsicum mushrooms pineapple and salami.
View attachment 24354

Missus and I both said you wouldn't know it's Gluten Free!

Big win:):)
Pineapple? Careful Ben, the mafia might come after you for that.
(What am I saying? There is no mafia, and we'll shoot anyone who says there is...)
:rolleyes:

No, seriously: pizza is one of those comfort foods that can really change your mood, and to be able to assemble one that won't hurt you AND tastes great, well, big win for sure.

Looks pretty delish!
Thanks Craig little home grown cherry tomatoes on top.
Was a great Sunday arvo do cooked them on the pizza stone on Webber Q.

Man I'd love to get a little pizza oven.
The Q is good but it lacks the heat up top...

Look at those little ooni's Ben, you might be able to find the older models second hand

Back