What are you drinking right now?

First pull on my ESB that i brewed a couple weeks ago. Very malty and good hop bite from the EKG.

20230120_163742.jpg

Dry Pear Cider [6%]. Seven weeks old. Primary fermentation took 17 days and the early test was not so encouraging with the pear flavour sitting above the apple. Glad to say the flavours are almost fully merged now and this should be worth looking forward to in the warmer months. It has lost a bit of the dryness but is better again for it. The carbonation is moderate but better than I have been getting with ciders. Rare for me to drink cider (other than mulled) when the weather is so cold as it is here at the moment with snow stuck on the ground a few days now. But I went all out and had this over ice straight from the fridge at lunch and was not disappointed - definately the way to go.

MyDSC2S1-013.jpg

Irish Extra Stout [5.5%]. Bottled on New Year's Day. Opened a bottle of this a week ago and it was nowhere near, no head whatsoever and tasting 'raw'. Couldn't think of anything better to try with smokey fish pie so tried another tonight. Massive difference already! Not bad at all for just three weeks. Head is just starting to develop. Only slightly more liquorice than I like but I think that is going to get evened out.

MyDSC2S1-014.jpg

Back