Random Photos.

Beautiful. VA is one of my favorite states to visit/drive through. The Shenandoah Valley is Top 10 America to me.
Indeed. I canoed for a week down the river many years ago, and have driven the blue ridge parkway several times. I almost caught a fish too: it jumped into the canoe. It flopped back out before I could whack it with the paddle...

EBFECE19-F0C0-4831-91B1-04EDB7C39793.jpeg

image.jpg
It’s been a long time since we’ve enjoyed a real wood fire in our home, tonight’s the night. The warmth of the fire is nice after a rather cool day. Big rain is on the way, with warming temps, then next week it’s winter time with snow possible in the nearby hills. Being from Southern California, this is a huge change. It’s OK though, we love it.

View attachment 22921 It’s been a long time since we’ve enjoyed a real wood fire in our home, tonight’s the night. The warmth of the fire is nice after a rather cool day. Big rain is on the way, with warming temps, then next week it’s winter time with snow possible in the nearby hills. Being from Southern California, this is a huge change. It’s OK though, we love it.

Herm, with the placement of the logs, your fire looks like a carved Halloween pumpkin!

View attachment 22921 It’s been a long time since we’ve enjoyed a real wood fire in our home, tonight’s the night. The warmth of the fire is nice after a rather cool day. Big rain is on the way, with warming temps, then next week it’s winter time with snow possible in the nearby hills. Being from Southern California, this is a huge change. It’s OK though, we love it.
You will learn to despise shoveling snow.

Be sure to do so, though, because it won't melt until March. No sense having a driveway covered in ice.

You will learn to despise shoveling snow.

Be sure to do so, though, because it won't melt until March. No sense having a driveway covered in ice.
My understanding is that if it snows more than a few inches, the entire town shuts down. In that case, there is no need to shovel snow, since there is nowhere to go. Just hunker down inside, and wait for the snow to melt.
However, we do have a sloped driveway, so wet and freezing cold could make for a slick surface. According to local meteorologists, this cold with potential for snow is unusual at this time of year. I was wearing shorts and t-shirts just a few weeks ago.

Did you take a trip to visit @Zambezi Special ?
:D.
Na even Zoo's need pest control.
I do this one twice a year.
I was hoping to get a photo of them tiny tiny monkeys with the white moustache but missed the chance
20221125_075907.jpg

It's a small zoo actually a rescued zoo that relocated up sunny coast near me because of housing development....

Last edited:

Back