Home made pizza

Last 2 dough balls got used. Again red onion, garlic, chili, mozzarella & bacon
IMG_20220924_133407.jpg

IMG_20220924_133559.jpg

What are you all using for baking pizza?
"Standard" oven, wood fired, stove top, kettle grill?
I use an uuni 3 on gas burner, bought 2nd hand before the name change to ooni.

I used to bake in a gas oven, but since moving to Eugene, OR I am now using an electric oven. So far, I’ve made only one pizza here, and that turned out a sloppy mess, likely the result of drinking too much beer. Oh, and trying to make dough with sourdough discard, despite my wife’s pleas to use my standard method. The loaves of sourdough, though have been among my very best. Later tonight I’ll be baking another sourdough loaf, and it should be good.

I used to bake in a gas oven, but since moving to Eugene, OR I am now using an electric oven. So far, I’ve made only one pizza here, and that turned out a sloppy mess, likely the result of drinking too much beer. Oh, and trying to make dough with sourdough discard, despite my wife’s pleas to use my standard method. The loaves of sourdough, though have been among my very best. Later tonight I’ll be baking another sourdough loaf, and it should be good.
Have used both. Electric is better for general baking (better temperature control), but gas is better for bread, as it puts more moisture into the oven. But in a home oven the difference is kind of small.

I can't get proper woodpellets, so real glad I bought the gas burner for it. Looks more like a flame thrower than a burner ;)
The wood pellets look like a flame thrower as well. It rocks, but man does it get hot!

The wood pellets look like a flame thrower as well. It rocks, but man does it get hot!
Yeah I know ;)
I did my first pizza's with pellets that came with the 2nd hand uuni. Then disassembled the thing, put in my suitcase and brought it to Africa by plane :)
I do have the pellet burner here as well. You really have to be on the ball using pellets. Real nice if someone is helping ;)
Gas makes it easy to use with one pair of hands. Pellets is more exciting though

What are you all using for baking pizza?
"Standard" oven, wood fired, stove top, kettle grill?
I use an uuni 3 on gas burner, bought 2nd hand before the name change to ooni.
We got a portable pizza oven quite recently - an Uuni. Pizza night is a regular feature now at our house and I'm getting pretty good results. Last time I made a pesto, roasted peppers, roasted tomatoes, mozzarella, rocket and sweet chutney dressing recipe.

Attachments

• pizza1.jpg
    pizza1.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 25
  • pizza2.jpg
    pizza2.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Had a make your own pizza party last night, with a few friends. Five pizzas consumed rapidly, and lots of positive reviews. :) A few snafus on the “launching “ into the oven, and other moves, but all minor and good learning experiences. Seems like I am always learning. o_O Apparently too busy having fun to take any photos.

Back