What are you drinking right now?

View attachment 22000 After purchasing a human powered push mower and some other gardening tools, the wife and I found our way into Ninkasi Better Living Room for lunch and adult bevs. She’s drinking a honeycrisp apple cider, I’m sipping Ninkasi Prismatic IPA.
That honery crisp cider looks absolutely refreshing. Not a huge fan of IPAs, but that looks nice too.

Cascade saison from the overflow ;)
I had too much wort to fit the fermenter, so put the last bit in a 2 ltr water bottle with airlock.
When bottling time came, there was a lot of debris and all I could think of was to carefully pour it into the bottles.
Today I thought I should b faster than the oxidation, so drank all 3.
Funny thing is that I added (relatively) more water to this batch, so they started at lower OG, and now these bottles are more saison-like than my higher OG ones.
Well, to be sure maybe I should have one of the higher OG ones, just to make sure it is not a bottle-conditioning issue
IMG_20220826_172945.jpg

Cascade saison from the overflow ;)
I had too much wort to fit the fermenter, so put the last bit in a 2 ltr water bottle with airlock.
When bottling time came, there was a lot of debris and all I could think of was to carefully pour it into the bottles.
Today I thought I should b faster than the oxidation, so drank all 3.
Funny thing is that I added (relatively) more water to this batch, so they started at lower OG, and now these bottles are more saison-like than my higher OG ones.
Well, to be sure maybe I should have one of the higher OG ones, just to make sure it is not a bottle-conditioning issue
View attachment 22016
Of course you should.

image.jpg
Not exactly a “lawn mower” beer, but it will do fine for my taste.
For the first time since I lived at my parents’ house back in the early 90’s, today I mowed the lawn. And as is my character, I did it the hard way. Yesterday I bought a human powered lawn mower, today I assembled it and put it to use. It felt good to sweat! Meanwhile, my wife weeded our garden.
Things are coming together here. We’re still waiting for the movers to deliver our personal effects (September 6), but they wouldn’t be able to deliver anyway, as new water lines are being laid on our street. We have purchased a new bed (waiting on delivery). We had a new hybrid water heater installed - it was purchased by the previous owner, but not installed. Today we got internet service established, so we have WiFi. On Sept 8, we’ll have our electric service panel replaced, along with many of the countless electrical outlets in the home, bringing everything up to code.
Life is good, the sun is shining, and the beer is cold!

That all depends on how much testing is required.:rolleyes: We might get a giggle.

What yeast did you use for the cider? Sorta thinking about making a small batch to age until Thanksgiving or Christmas. Curious how well it’s received by the family (the grownups, of course).

That all depends on how much testing is required.:rolleyes: We might get a giggle.

What yeast did you use for the cider? Sorta thinking about making a small batch to age until Thanksgiving or Christmas. Curious how well it’s received by the family (the grownups, of course).
It's probably a similar state as last meeting. I have to admit to not having been stone cold sober ;)
As for cider: simple cider, from packs of juice on any type of beer trub. So, it's been a lot of voss kveik in summer, it's been T58 and currently a lot of saison trub M29.
Very curious myself if I am still going to like Voss, now I've used other yeasts

9:26am central... Vanilla Latte from Caribou. Moosed.

image.jpg
After a trip to our local Saturday farmers market (amazing!), then a walk through Market Fest in another part of downtown, my wife said we had to go back to Ninkasi. So we did.
She’s enjoying a Marionberry hard seltzer, while I’m sipping Women’s Equality Day Cold IPA.

Wish I could have made the zoom today, but had to put new front rotors and pads on Clifford ( my VERY RED 2014 F-150 4x4 Super Crew Cab with the 6.5 foot bed). Didn’t drive it much thie last couple years, so the rotors rusted and gobbled the pads pretty quickly. I don’t mind minor mechanical repairs, but brake work is so nasty., even just checking the pads. Got ‘er dun, though. Much better Whoa power now. Go power good, whoa power much more important. Freakin rotors weigh nearly 40 pounds each, and the wheel/tire probably weighs close to 100 lbs. I’m whipped. Gonna get a shower, have another Rapier Wit, and probably a Papa nap between now and dinner.

Back