What are you drinking right now?

Cider was a little "thin" at first impression and lightly carbonated. But very very drinkable..

Next up:
Cascade saison.
Nice carbonation, definitely bitter (I got low bitter taste treshhold).
Little sweetness, but doesn't remind me of a blonde as much as the previous one did (perle/tradition)..
Only got 1 bottle cooled. Next up is previous batch saison (but not fair comparison as it is about a month older).
Cascade saison was brewed on the trub of perle/tradition and currently I got EKG saison on the trub of Cascade saison which was on the trub of perle/tradition trub and after I finish this cascade saison I won't be able to repeat or remember this :)
View attachment 21906
View attachment 21907
Great looking beers!

OK, drinking the previous saison (and I actually cooked something to eat in between tastings).
Totally not comparable. Very nice, smooth, little sweetness left even though it fermented till below 1.000.
New batch is a bit rough and bitter in comparison. I know it still got to age but it is like comparing a saison (towards blonde) vs a saison (towards ipa).
I better check ibu calculations tomorrow.
Plus I've not had many saisons, but the ones I had were much drier. That gotta be the mash. Not going to change that, as I prefer mine.
Couple more bottles to the fridge. Next testing on Sunday (still weekend):p

Yellowhammer Brewing Octoberfest. Kinda early in the year, but at least it was bottled this year. Another brand had a label on it stating 08042021, which I suspect means last year.

No glass as I'm traveling. :eek:

B9C2CB4D-4093-40B7-AE41-EBA00C1678DC.jpeg

Yellowhammer Brewing Octoberfest. Kinda early in the year, but at least it was bottled this year. Another brand had a label on it stating 08042021, which I suspect means last year.

No glass as I'm traveling. :eek:

View attachment 21917
I’d wager that’s a brew from’Bama with a name that includes Yellowhammer.

I helped out the neighbor the other day and he dropped off a 12er of Alaskan Amber on my porch this morning.
Right now I have my American Amber on tap. I really like this one and have made it more times than any other.
So it was comparison night.
I am no beer judge, have no problem drinking Bush Light.
I drank a whole bunch of the Alaskan Amber when I was riding through Alaska Few years ago but I have slept since then and CRS.
Anyway, mine is better. The Alaskan (to me) seems to have a thinner, alchohol, english-e yeast taste to it.
Don't worry , I ll have no trouble working the 12re.
20220819_193807.jpg

I helped out the neighbor the other day and he dropped off a 12er of Alaskan Amber on my porch this morning.
Right now I have my American Amber on tap. I really like this one and have made it more times than any other.
So it was comparison night.
I am no beer judge, have no problem drinking Bush Light.
I drank a whole bunch of the Alaskan Amber when I was riding through Alaska Few years ago but I have slept since then and CRS.
Anyway, mine is better. The Alaskan (to me) seems to have a thinner, alchohol, english-e yeast taste to it.
Don't worry , I ll have no trouble working the 12re.View attachment 21920
Better head on yours too. Spot on on colour

I'm drinking some of herms finest
20220820_161613.jpg

Murky Murgy
20220820_165329.jpg

More golden straw than this gives colour.

Last edited:
Had these two last night - too busy cooking to post at that time and it ended up being an early night for me.
American Wheat - (based on Herms recipe - probably too far off to be Herms brew - esp. considering the mishaps on brewday)
IMG_20220819_163259.jpg

And my latest: Shuttz Munich Dunkel (got more of an Oktoberfest color to it imo but I think it still falls within style)
IMG_20220819_165623.jpg

Tried my first ever German kolsch, it was the Reissdorf. Considering the distance and temp changes it tasted alright. It tasted distinctly "German" :)

And my Tenderfoot Stout is on tap. It finished a little high in FG, but it's balanced out by the roast barley and almost 30 IBUs. I intentionally used only roasted barley to learn about the grain, but if I did it again I would use maybe 3-5% chocolate to replace some of the roast and a small amount of high lovibond caramel malt. And increase the flaked barley up to 15-20%. I love some good data :D
20220820_163103.jpg
20220820_174132.jpg

I’d wager that’s a brew from’Bama with a name that includes Yellowhammer.
Yessir, spending the night in Huntsville.

Brewed on Clinton Ave if you're familiar with the town.

Back