What are you drinking right now?

Pocahoptas in the back garden. It got hot and muggy today, and I'm definitely not ready for summer yet :confused:
20220515_161228.jpg

Bitter. What a crusher.

Cheers, Big Ears. :)

View attachment 20692
A pour of mine. Needs more time to carbonate., only been a week. I didnt spund this one. London III also needs some time to clarify I guess. The beer on top of the slurry is clear as a bell. Of course I have this in a cooler a little warmer than my refrigerator
7B38773D-FE6A-460F-9E30-ACE6533CDFC1.jpeg

Yesterday, we moved from Newport to Yachats, Oregon to spend a few days in a neat little cabin. Since we could not get into our accommodations until after 5:00pm, and since this the only day they would be open during our stay, and given that it was raining and quite windy, we spent several hours eating and drinking at Yachats Brewing. Good beer and food, along with friendly service make this a must stop if you’re ever in the area.
07FD22DF-2500-44F7-8577-F549F6ACAD5B.jpeg

Devils Churn Imperial Stout with raspberry and cacao (left), Cannon Foeder Belgian Dark Ale fermented with mixed cultures in cedar foeder (barrel, similar to winemaking).
4DE5BB5C-A208-4BAC-9539-E856856DDEBE.jpeg

And now a Proseco Mimosa for her, and a B100 West Coast Double IPA for me.
4E3366F8-4350-40D0-AED8-A701343BD630.jpeg
Lacing on B100

We’re hoping to be able to enjoy our first ever coastal sunset in Oregon. Very nice weather today, after yesterday’s mostly wind driven rainy weather. Neat that we’re next to the Yachats River and its noisy tributaries, and that river empties into the mighty Pacific Ocean just a few hundred yards to our west. We’re in a land of volcanic rocks, big trees and temperate rainforest. One of the wettest places I have ever been in my life. Awesome is a good description.

I am tickled yellow! Cream ale with a couple weeks in the fridge and the chill haze dropped! Brightest beer I have brewed to date and....you can read the news print through it! Whewwwhooo!
20220516_193813.jpg
20220516_193707.jpg

Nice looking lunch there Herm! Let's see that sunset...with a beer!

It's one of my favorite hops. Don't be shy with it late in boil, whirlpool and dry hopping

Good to know. I'm planning on dry hopping with 2 oz each of El Dorado and BRU-1. Malt will be Maris Otter and yeast will be Omega Hornindal Kviek.

Back