Bug: Issues with Tilt forwarder on brew session

MeemoNZ

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hey BF team,

I have a current active brew session with a Tilt attached for tracking, there is a forwarder on the Tilt to send data to GrainFather.

This has been working great for all of my last brews and also the past 48 hours for the current brew - however approx. 13:15 on 18/4/22 (NZ Time), the forwarder stopped working.

I have just gone into the forwarder and the config is lost with the web page not allowing changes and the same entry form repeating (the same is happening on the beta site).

Please can this be checked out? Image attached from Chrome browser Version 99.0.4844.51 - MacOS.

Thanks
Andy

@Pricelessbrewing FYI.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 9.13.49 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 9.13.49 AM.png
    315.2 KB · Views: 53
Update: Have removed and re-added the Tilt to the brew session and the forwarder page is now normal again. I believe this issue started when I added the RAPT Pill to the same brew session as a custom stream device.

May I ask what hardware you are using and what versions of GF, Tilt, etc? I have never been able to get my Tilt to connect to the GF brew session.

Update: Have removed and re-added the Tilt to the brew session and the forwarder page is now normal again. I believe this issue started when I added the RAPT Pill to the same brew session as a custom stream device.

Please tell us more about RAPT Pill and how you're using it? I'm really interested on hearing about this.

May I ask what hardware you are using and what versions of GF, Tilt, etc? I have never been able to get my Tilt to connect to the GF brew session.

I use a Grainfather GF30 fermenter with the wifi controller, and i use a Tilt in this that bluetooth broadcasts its readings. I built a Tilt Pi to pickup the bluetooth signal and post to BrewersFriend. Then from BF I use a forwarder to send the data on to Grainfather. When you add a Tilt to the equipment list in GF, it will give you a unique URL you can post data to using either the BF forwarder or the Tilt Pi directly.

Please tell us more about RAPT Pill and how you're using it? I'm really interested on hearing about this.

I got sent a RAPT Pill from a friend who runs a brew shop here in NZ, he wanted me to understand how it posts and how the data could be used to post stats to BrewersFriend, GrainFather & BrewFather.

The Pill its self is a WiFi ESP32 chip on essentially a custom Arduino board, it uses a rechargeable 18650 battery which can be charged through the onboard USB-C port. By default the Pill posts its stats to the RAPT portal every hour, the frequency can be increased with the trade off of battery life.

The RAPT portal is still under fairly heavy development so initially when i got the Pill, there was only an API for the RAPT portal. I used Pipedream to built an API get from RAPT & post to BF, triggering this every 30 mins. Shortly after this was working, documented and shared, the RAPT portal released 'webhooks' - essentially a way to forward on the Pill stats when they are received. There is a Facebook user group for the RAPT products and the software developer of the portal (Trent) is active. He posts regular updates on improvements.

Im comparing the Tilt side-by-side with a Pill in a ferment right now, both calibrated side-by-side in water and are reading within 1-2 points of each other in the ferment. Due to the limitations on BF for graphing multiple devices on 1 graph and BF merging common reading (eg gravity & temperature), I have all of the data logged to GrainFather. I've logged a feature request here FYI - https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/multiple-devices-with-same-units-on-brew-session.15537/

Back